• christian2017
    Under the philosophy or religion of Gnosticism can a good christian be saved (go to heaven) or have a good long term lifestyle? I could research this my self but i wanted people's opinions. This is assuming there is life after death ofcourse but that would fall in line with the first statement that was made in this post.
  • RegularGuy
    can a good christian be saved (go to heaven)christian2017

I don’t see why not, assuming it’s real. That also goes for good Hindus, good Buddhists, good Muslims, good Jews, good whatever. Christians get too hung up on John 3:16, a single verse in the Bible, in my opinion.

or have a good long term lifestyle?christian2017

Why shouldn’t they? Can’t a good Buddhist or Hindu have a good, long life? To suggest otherwise is prejudiced and ugly.
  • christian2017

Thats good to hear. I was worried that the Gnostic god was angry with me.

Assuming we know how Hindu society's function right? Do they not have a caste structure in India today due to Hinduism? Buddhist Japan was the same way during the time before the early modern period (before 1850).
  • RegularGuy
    Medieval Christian society wasn’t very Christ-like, nor is contemporary capitalist society. Individuals can be good, though, regardless of where and when they live.
  • christian2017

i wish i could disagree with that but that is very true.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.