• RegularGuy
    My sincere apologies to the women of this forum. My language in the “Ayn Rand” thread was reprehensible. As someone who voted for Hillary Clinton, plans to vote for Kamala Harris, and calls my wife “Wonder Woman” (she is much tougher than me); I am disappointed in myself. I should know better, and I’m sorry.
  • 0 thru 9
    It is becoming increasingly rare to see a sincere apology, not prompted by a lawyer or somebody. So good for you. (I was supposing that the thread was some kind of extreme bro-humor) But I will let the female members have their say about it. (And decide any penance after hearing your confession :halo: )
  • Amity
    I will copy a little of my PM response here:

Thanks for the apology, Noah. Appreciate that is not an easy thing to do.

I also regret that I didn't follow Baden's advice to ignore the thread.
    I didn't take any great joy in any of my exchanges with you and others...

...I am taking a bit of a break now from the forum.
    Best wishes.
  • Baden
    Thanks @Noah Te Stroete. :strong:
  • Anaxagoras
    As someone who voted for Hillary Clinton, plans to vote for Kamala HarrisNoah Te Stroete

And just when I was beginning to like you....(Sarcasm)
  • S
    My sincere apologies to the women of this forum. My language in the “Ayn Rand” thread was reprehensible. As someone who voted for Hillary Clinton, plans to vote for Kamala Harris, and calls my wife “Wonder Woman” (she is much tougher than me); I am disappointed in myself. I should know better, and I’m sorry.Noah Te Stroete

Ah jeez, Rick. I knew you were a whiny little bitch. :lol:

If I was a woman, I would find this patronising. Your apology is an even bigger insult than the original insult. In fact, I don't even have to be a woman to find it patronising. That's the great thing about being a true advocate of gender equality: what gender you are shouldn't matter.

If Ayn Rand was a whiny little bitch, just say so. Since when do all women need to be protected from crude language from "brutish lads"? Your crude language was clearly intended for comic effect, at least in part. No one is forcing anyone to appreciate that kind of humour, but no one should have to apologise for it either. If you turn up to a stand-up comedian's gig to complain about the material, then you're a bigger joke than anything that he (or she!) can come out with. The Joke Police should take a hike, and it looks like one of their number is planning on doing just that.

I would've voted for Clinton too, if I could've done. Even though I bet she's a whiny little bitch at times. We all are. (But especially Noah Te Stroete. He's Queen of all Whiny Little Bitchdom).

Son, I am disappoint.
  • Baden

Wonder where your phobia of anything that smacks of common decency springs from? Let's analyze... :eyes:
  • S
    Wonder where your phobia of anything that smacks of common decency springs from? Let's analyze... :eyes:Baden

Common decency, as you seem to be using that term, is a superficial and snooty concept for superficial and snooty people. I prefer uncommon decency. It has a greater appreciation of humour and is less outraged.
  • S
    And just when I was beginning to like you....(Sarcasm)Anaxagoras

That's not funny. My only child died of sarcasm. Have you no common decency? You should be ashamed of yourself, and you owe me an apology for being so insensitive.
  • S
    My only child died of sarcasm.S

Her name was Badenetta. I named her after my one true love. She died when she was just five years of age. She asked me for something to eat, and I replied, "Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that you were starving to death".

It turns out that she was. I thought that she was just being a whiny little bitch.
  • Baden

And then Badenetta's daddy mysteriously expired on 9999 posts. True story.
  • S
    And then Badenetta's daddy mysteriously expired on 9999 posts. True story.Baden

Which of her daddies are you referring to? Me or you?
  • Baden

The deep salt-of-the-earth guy with Tourette's posting syndrome.
  • S
    The deep salt-of-the-earth guy with tourette's posting syndrome.Baden

Me or you? :chin:
  • Baden

I'm superficial snooty common decency daddy. The TPS must be catching though.
  • S
    I'm superficial snooty common decency daddy.Baden

Ah yes, that's why I fell in love with you, like a female black widow spider falls in love with a male of the same species.
  • Anaxagoras

Wow....My gosh, I didn't know. My condolences.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment