• Shawn
    First of all, has anyone seen them? They're something peculiar about a philosopher interviewing another philosopher about a philosopher whom they are well acquainted with. No straw men, folks.

Second, I had the idea of using these interviews as some template about starting a topic not about a reading group of a particular philosopher's work; but, the entirety of a philosopher's work-life. This might be an interesting way to address a philosopher's particular work for which they are renowned for, through broadening the scope of analysis to the totality of their life.

I feel like, this is also like some version of what espresso is to coffee, as to philosophy. So if anyone is restrained on time, or if there is ambiguity about some text in a work, that we don't have cases where a possible straw man might arise, that we take it on the authority of the speakers in the interview who are acquainted with the material better than ourselves.

Anyway, here's the YouTube video's I'm raving about:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Bryan+Magee+philosophy
  • Shawn
    You'll thank me later for this Playlist if you have lots of free time on your hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBQRuMfs2E&list=PLFF9E7ADD88FBA144
  • tim wood
    My heavens, an encyclopedia of talk. But you cannot expect an immediate response, after all, I shall have to watch at least some of them! Or, more briefly, thank you!
  • Shawn
    Or, more briefly, thank you!tim wood

:)
  • Inis
    Anyway, here's the YouTube video's I'm raving about:Wallows

And to think this was the sort of thing that used to be on TV.
  • Shawn

Yes, nowadays it's all shiet.
  • Valentinus

I thank you.They are good. (I am about half way through)
  • Worm Guts
    I really like these. As a philosophy noob, they really helped me gain an overview of some of the great thinkers.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment