• Josh Alfred

"Is hearing voices the same as hearing your own thoughts?"

Sometimes, as Wallows says, "Voices are perceived as occurring outside one's own head". Sometimes I identify with a voice, other times I tell myself that this is not the way I think, not the way I know myself to be.

All sound has a location, either in your head or outside your head. It gets really confusing when your sitting eating a sandwhich (happened to me...) and you suddenly hear the strangest comment coming from an empty chair. Like what the heck man!
  • Josh Alfred

"_The Atlantic: When Hearing Voices is a Good Thing by Olga Khazan"

Its true. The negativity may be the result of such things as our guilt ridden religions and our social class separations. There are probably other contributing factors as well, absent in some more primitive societies. I've read some stories on shamanism and schizophrenia in tribes. Its very interesting research.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.