• Pattern-chaser
    Nothing can deliver objective knowledge to humans, nothing at all.Pattern-chaser

To answer “nothing can...objective knowledge.”

That statement could only be credible if you were to comprehensively deny the possibility of the unknown and predicate the statement upon those terms.
    Dan84

???

I assert "the possibility of the unknown", as humans cannot knowingly possess objective knowledge (except that Objective Reality exists; we can know no more of it than this).
  • Dan84
    [reply="Pattern-chaser;2324

Does “delivery” depend upon method of reception?
  • Dan84

Me that’s muddled. Sorry.

My claim would be that if an omnipotent being, call it god, were to deliver objective truth to man, then something, not nothing, could deliver the objective truth to man. Once the truth was delivered then I don’t see what that has to do with the omnipotent being and it’s delivery. The rest is up to man, and while I find it very unlikely that man could know he had possession of the objective truth, I don’t know if that’s correct, and I don’t know if an objective reality exists, more probable than man knowing it. But I agree that we could Know no more than this. I think that the Omnipotent being, if it were something, then could not be nothing, and if it possessed and decided too, share it’s truths with man, then it could do so.

Now I’m fresh to this and open to insult. So, am I complete loop?
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet