• unenlightened
    Dude you are so (mis)-judgemental. And callous.
  • frank
    "I'm no Saint" --Zarathustra.
  • unenlightened
    "I am unenlightened" --unenlightened.
  • ssu
    Even if there is another thread for the subject, I think this Renewal and Remembrance thread is the most proper one to note this following anecdote.

During the official centennial ceremonies of the ending of World War 1, the American president decides (against the advice of his staff) not to go the American cemetary at Belleau Wood as it's raining and he doesn't like his hair to get wet, as he might look bad with wet hair.

Now, even the best poet couldn't come up with this which is so telling of our time.
  • unenlightened
    I think this Renewal and Remembrance thread is the most proper one to note this following anecdote.ssu

It is so proper it's incredible. A million or so dead we can cope with, but no one wants to look bad. The lesson has been well learned.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.