• bert1

My wife introduced me to this entertaining annual race. Watch the cheese!
  • Jamal
    Glorious. Haven't the meanies put a stop to it yet?
  • bert1
    Not yet. Incredibly it's still going. There was a 2015 race at least.
  • Moliere
    The website advertised at the end has articles for 2015 too. Seems like they're keeping it going.
  • Sir2u
    Bit cheesie but what can you expect from people around there.

I saw a video some years ago of a bloke explaining how to get down hills fast. He said that if you tried to run you soon lose your center of gravity. The trick he said was to take leaps like a gazelle so that you can maintain your balance by leaning back backwards. It seemed to work for him in the video because he came down the hill fast.
  • jorndoe
    Hilarious :D

Reminds me a bit of the Monty Python hunting party, except it's for real. Crazy Brits.
  • _db
    Reminds me of the time a friend and I were running an elevation workout together for the cross country season and decided to race down the hill. The hill is about a quarter of a mile long, with the steepest part at the end. When we started sprinting, I quickly lost my center of gravity and ended practice with a bloody knee and forearm. I totally wiped out :P
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.