• Michael
    So you don't have an argument to support your claim that there is an external world. You're just convinced that there is one?
  • creativesoul

I just outlined two of them.
  • Janus
    Sigh all you like...but, if you're going to quote what I wrote at least quote the whole of the passage.
  • creativesoul

Here's what I want to discuss...

If it is the case that all thought and belief are existentially dependent upon a plurality, and a plurality negates solipsism, then solipsism is negated by the way things are... which is the way it should be.

If it is the case that solipsism is a philosophical position, and all philosophical positions are existentially dependent upon thought and belief, and all thought and belief is existentially dependent upon an external world, then it is the case that solipsism is existentially dependent upon an external world.

Which of the two outlined arguments above would you like to discuss?
  • creativesoul
    These are outlines of deductive arguments, no?
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.