• Marcus de Brun
    Censorship is good and is important. However on occasion it is used for personal or a general subterranean agenda. This happens when certain ideas are banned or moved or merged into other threads.

I feel that most moderators engage in their thankless role, with as much impartiality and respect for Philosophy as possible. Others I feel do not.

Thankfully there are mechanisms to control the emergence of autocratic thought, Trump is subject thankfully to the censorship of the courts.

Who if anyone is moderating the moderators?

M
  • Streetlight
    If you have a particular problem, raise it, otherwise threads like these tend to descend into alot of trash talk. So get to it - what's your issue?
  • unenlightened
    Who if anyone is moderating the moderators?Marcus de Brun

That would be me. Have I missed something?
  • Baden

Yes, while you've been off sipping tea, the place has gone to pot. :( Guide us...
  • S
    But who, if anyone, is moderating the moderator moderators?
  • unenlightened
    the place has gone to pot. :( Guide us.Baden

Stick to Lebanese and Thai sticks for a lighter brighter high.
  • Marcus de Brun

That would be me. Have I missed something?unenlightened

Yes.

Streetlight has a particularly keen interest in my moderation (I suspect he fancies me)

M
  • andrewk
    You have discovered my personal religion. It is based on the following rules.

1. Everything that moderates must be moderated, unless it's the special exception that I may mention later on.
    2. There exists a unique unmoderated moderator, and this premise absolutely does not contradict premise 1.
    3. I call that unmoderated moderator God.
  • Streetlight
    (I suspect he fancies me)Marcus de Brun

I've been found out :yikes:
  • Marcus de Brun
    I've been found out :yikes:StreetlightX

Have no fear (said the cat)

We can make love.

But only through the medium of Philosophy and without the coitus interruptio of your zealous moderation.

Relax, and try to enjoy it!

I promise to be more gentle.

M
  • Streetlight
    Make better threads and we can zeal all day and all night :smile:
  • unenlightened
    Streetlight has a particularly keen interest in my moderationMarcus de Brun

Think of @StreetlightX as the Devil, tasked to afflict you with boils, and so on. It's all part of the character-building plan.
  • Marcus de Brun

One has no problem with the Devil and his boils.

As far as I am aware he has no offspring himself, and may well be impotent? (It may be the source of all his anger and all of the evil in this world?)

Be it impotence or impudence, his friends and peers might offer some counsel. There are ways and means that either pathology can be effectively managed.

As Zizek often states: 'one must not try to defeat the devil, but have him do ones bidding.'

He is the dog of dogs, but can be useful nonetheless.

M
  • Baden

@StreetlightX, to my knowledge, is no more zealous than any of the rest of us in modding. And throwing out a bunch of insults isn't going to help solve any feedback issue.
  • Marcus de Brun

How sweet, the sound of tears falling!

Methinks another 'just' moderation is upon the horizon.

:rofl:

M
  • Hanover
    Not a lot of substance to this thread.
  • S
    I've just been censored by StreetlightX and I'm okay with that. The guy's just doing his job. Leave Britney alone.
  • Baden

Don't even know what the previous "just" moderations you were complaining of were, seeing as you insist on being oblique about it. But, ok, have it your way.
  • Streetlight
    Not a lot of substance to this thread.Hanover

I suppose it's only fitting that I'm now going to close this thread as a result! :)

Baphomet.png

Woof!
  • Baden

Just saw that. :eyes:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention