• rachMiel
    Is Anti-PC the new PC?
  • raza
    What I make of him is just one dude.

The author of the article wants to make this one dude something far greater than just this one dude.
  • raza
    Although, having now read his tweets in article 2, the “one dude” makes some sensible observations.
  • Maw
    Those tweets are clearly written by a dumb person trying to sound like a smart person.
  • raza
    It almost looks as though the name “rachMeil” comes from the name “Michael Rectenwald”.

mmmmmm
  • rachMiel
    ! ;-) I am a professor (well, an adjunct, does that count?) ... but not THAT professor! And my days of trying to stir things WAY up are long gone. (Thank Gog! It's so tiring to be in constant smarter-than-thou revolutionary mode!) Though I do still get a kick out of rocking the boat (gently).
  • Moliere
    Ummm... nothing really. It's hard to give a good evaluation of someone without knowing much about them. And two articles later I'm not sure it's worth the effort. :D

I bet I'd disagree with him. but... meh?
  • rachMiel
    He'd probably bust a gasket if he heard your Meh. ;-) I get the sense of a BIG ego operating here ... but of course I could be utterly wrong. I looked on Rate My Professors and his students seem to really like him, which is usually a good sign of a Mensch.
  • Baden

I stopped reading the tweets when I saw the mention of Trump sycophant Tucker Carlson. Anyway it all sounds very amateur Jordan Peterson. Not good.
  • Akanthinos
    What do you make of dis guy:rachMiel

I want to put him against the wall.

My degenerate Marxist self is brimming and pulsating with hatred for this trailblazing paragon of truth-seeking and SJW-slaying.

:kiss:
  • Akanthinos
    To illustrate :

"Michael Rectenwald @antipcnyuprof Mar 17

Close your eyes and imagine a world full of self-replicating little Stalins. Now open your eyes. You live in that world. It’s called “social justice” & the little Stalins are SJWs = Stalin, Just Weirder."

There is nothing not defective in that statement.
  • Maw
    I think if people are going to take the names of actually living professors, verification is required @Baden @StreetlightX @fdrake
  • Akanthinos
    Huh. This made me realize.

I would absolutely read 8 books published by at least a good dozen of the regular contributors here. Fdrake, StreetlightX, Baden, Pierre-Normand, that south-american dude who basically knows everything about logic who post only rarely but whose posts are each 100% brimmed with perfectly explained information on often difficult subjects... Even Apokrisis, if he manages to make his points inside the first 700 pages. And so many more I forget!

TPF Publications need to become a real thing!
  • Akanthinos

Leftbook, leftcom. Got to wonder what /pol/ is going to come up with again. :blush:
  • Maw
    Ma'am I am a Doctor! I have saved LIVES! I have helped birth babies and held the withering hands of the moribund. Pray tell, what you YOU done?! What. Have. You. Done!?
  • Akanthinos

- Zizek is right.

Obligatory :

"And, to go even a step further, is the practice of fist-fucking not the exemplary case of what Deleuze called the "expansion of a concept?" The fist is put to a new use; the notion of penetration is expanded into the combination of the hand with sexual penetration, into the exploration of the inside of a body. No wonder Foucault, Deleuze's Other, was practicing fisting: is fist-fucking not the sexual invention of the twentieth century, a new model of eroticism and pleasure? It is no longer genitalized, but focused just on the penetration of the surface, with the role of the phallus being taken over by the hand, the autonomized partial object par excellence. " - Zizek
  • Akanthinos
    I'm sure most of us believe your truly are serious. That isn't the fairly obvious problem here.
  • Akanthinos

But couldnt you be both. :blush:

MAW IS A FILTHY BOY, after all.

:kiss:
  • Akanthinos
    I dont get why people think wallowing in feces is an easy job. I worked a long time ago in a hog butchering plant, and man, you really dont want to be the one picked to do that job.

#respectforthosewhowallowinfeces
  • Maw
    THEN
    WHERE
    IS
    MY
    PHOTO?
  • Akanthinos
    So I guess now we'll have raza back?
  • Moliere
    Who pretended he had no talent? That's an extreme that hasn't been stated.

And I have no idea if I do, in fact, despise his politics or ideology. He's said a few things that I disagree with, and that's about the extent of it. News articles only provide so much information, and not knowing the guy or having seen or talked to him it's fair to say that it's hard to form an opinion.

From what is presented here, though, I don't know why I'd bother with him.
  • Akanthinos

Jesus christ, my sides. :lol:
  • Maw
    God, no, I loved her why did she leave me, God the pain!
  • Akanthinos

You know what to do. Fly to New York, kill Loren Goldner, make a skinsuit of his remains and use it to impersonate him. Its the only way.
  • Maw
    Step one is done, as I already live in NY
  • Akanthinos
    Fate manifest.
  • raza
    So I guess now we'll have raza back?Akanthinos

I think Martha is very capable of holding her own. Unlike the various sjw tribes, the true intelligencia do not need the form of armies that merely reflect the extent of an sjw’s personal insecurities.
  • unenlightened
    In the interest of playing the ball, rather than the man, I suggest that criticism of identity politics on the grounds that it oppresses a minority (or a majority) is a weak position to take.
  • Baden
    Wha... just happ..?? :eyes:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.