• DPMartin
    There has been a propaganda push using the cattle’s (American public) panic knowledge, coloring hate as evil. They run out into the streets hating hate and hater’s alike. Showing their ignorance that they hate themselves, if they hate people who hate. Moronic hypocrites being manipulated by their own fears and emotions. Squealing as loud as posable like pigs do when they are restrained, for no reason but fear.

Hate is necessary in society and the expression is critical to its survival, it’s called law. Law is the expression of what is hated by a society and the execution of that same law is what is done to those who do what is hated expressed in the law, or who is hated for whatever reason expressed in the law.

The view that hate oppresses is correct, it’s supposed to, the law oppresses that which is against it. Hence, the very reason the law is there.

So, hate has its place, and its only fools who see that hate is evil.
  • Artemis
    and its only fools who see that hate is evil.DPMartin

Sounds like a "no true Scotsman" fallacy to me!
  • Aleksander Kvam
    its not wrong to hate what effects your life in a negative way...if you hate nothing, your either naiv or have had a lombotomy...hate is a perfectly normal human feeling for something that you know is wrong...
  • TheMadFool
    Hate is our friend — DPMartin

Does that make love our enemy?

I guess to much of anything is bad.

Sola dosis facit venenum — Paracelsus
  • tim wood
    As usual, no foundation. You seem to have something to say about hate. Why not start by telling us what you think hate is.
  • unenlightened
    While one who sings with his tongue on fire
    Gargles in the rat race choir
    Bent out of shape from society's pliers
    Cares not to come up any higher
    But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
    But I mean no harm nor put fault
    On anyone that lives in a vault
    But it's alright, Ma, if I can't please him.
    — Young Dylan
    https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=it%27s+alright+ma+lyrics&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

We been sold this pup too many times. If I want an end to hatred, to fighting, to cruelty, if I remonstrate and demonstrate, this is not hatred, fighting or cruelty.

Also, people who are ruled by their fear do not come out on the streets unarmed to demonstrate.
  • SamLivsey
    @DPMartin
    I agree with you in that hate 'has it's place'. The difficulty there is where is it's place, and where isn't? Who decides what is "okay" or "good" to hate, and what isn't? Society? The law? Do you even think there should be a universal guideline of what is okay to hate? Does it differ from person to person? If so, is this the root of what we believe to be evil? -by this, I mean if one person doesnt hate somethjng (e.g. peadophillia) they may go on to commit it, and then this is, undeniably, evil.

There are a lot of questions here I know, but I would love to see your perspective on this topic, thanks.
  • DPMartin

no, everything has its place. hate isn't evil, but hate in the incorrect place is. same as the old adage that guns don't kill, people do. there is a correct place and time for everything under the sun.

if you love torturing and raping the week and innocent, then what does that make love? love is love and hate is hate. the men are evil, not love and hate.

but in a free society what if expressing what you hate is against the law? like many think is should be. then if you hate the corruption of the government and express that, then they can put you away, can't they? because the public was convinced at one time or another that hate is evil because it doesn't make them feel good, and for their feelings gave up the right to that free speech.
  • DPMartin

na, you do it in the courts. simple. being manipulated by media isn't a stand, its stampeding for sound bites. media always fan's a fire to get public attention and to be able to manipulate power in government. media is propaganda, its supposed to be means for propaganda. but if you believe what they tell you, oh well.

for example: no body seems to notice that police procedure just might not necessarily be "Law". Maybe the law makers did write police procedure, but without really knowing I really doubt they did. so if a cop waists an innocent, and he followed police procedure, well his buttocks is covered, correct?

but there seems to be no challenge to that.
  • DPMartin

if you don't know what hate is you should look it up, or if you want to challenge what I might think it is, then maybe you should use the dictionary. OED works it goes back as far as it can find documented use of the English language.
  • DPMartin

well, societies have law, hence they agree, this is what ought to be and this is what shouldn't be. if its a dictatorship then the dictator is entrusted or a king is entrusted to discern what should or shouldn't be and is empowered to make it law of the land. lawmakers are empowered and that is a part of the agreement.

a household agrees and what is against that agreement, is evil to the household. simple. the agreement is the set of morals agreed to. same with the US constitution. its an agreement between a government and its people and what is against it is evil or at the least perceived as evil by its people and or its government that are in that agreement.

acts against the agreement by those within the agreement are hated by the offended in the agreement or at the least the acts are hated.
  • TheMadFool
    You seem to take the analogy of the user-tool too far. I agree that guns don't kill but people do. You're saying hate is just like a gun - a tool - that has its timely place in human affairs.

But...

Some would say that it's impossible to put that much distance between the self and emotions (hate, love, etc). I mean some may say ''Emotions are you. They aren't some kind of tool/weapon to be weilded at a correct time. Emotions can't be separated from the self to the extent required to make them tools to be used.'' What do you think?

Personally, I'm in favor of your point. It gives me a glimpse of total control over our destinies. I like it but is it possible to achieve it?
  • DPMartin

na, actors work and use emotions at will all the time for money and fame, convincing the audience of their sincerity. not to mention a skilled con. how did Johnny Depp say it, he's a professional liar. women convince men they love them but they really hate them, its not a autopilot situation unless one lets it be.

granted one can love, but does one chose to love what they love? and therefore they would in their choice chose to hate what they hate in a love hate scenario. and then because of one's choice they can also be betrayed by what they love and then hate that.

but again in the case of law its agreed this is good that is bad and that which is against or acts against the agreement is hated. so what is hated is technically by choice of the law giver, or law makers. and even law makers, as in man's duty, that are entrusted with that precept can be corrupted.

everyone that can walk, walks, but where they walk is a decision.
  • Jeremiah
    It is an emotion, which is considered intersubjectivally verifiable, or in other words you need to relate to his expression on an empathical level.
  • Jeremiah
    Hating takes to much effort and is a poor use of your time and energy.

As such, I reserve hate only for loved ones, as they are the only ones worth that level of effort. However, I will regulate annoyance and frustration to lesser concerns.
  • tim wood
    Hi Jeremiah and thank you! Of course that makes the OP nonsense, except on a peculiar definition of "hate," which as you observed he wasn't interested in providing. Interesting your "reserving hate for loved ones." I'd call that anger or some form thereof. But I think you're on the right track. Some years ago someone pointed out to me that the opposite of hate wan't love, rather it was indifference! That also gives a clue as to what forgiveness is really all about. "I forgive you," really means, "I will not waste thoughts on you anymore
  • TheMadFool
    na, actors work and use emotions at will all the time for money and fame, convincing the audience of their sincerity. not to mention a skilled con. how did Johnny Depp say it, he's a professional liar. women convince men they love them but they really hate them, its not a autopilot situation unless one lets it be.DPMartin

So you prefer that we all become Academy Award winning actors? It just doesn't work unless you assume you're better than the person you're directing your contrived emotions towards. Are you giving us tips on how to bring up children and the occasional immature adult?
  • DPMartin

so what you're saying here is you can't follow through on the subject of the OP, correct?
  • BC
    There has been a propaganda push using the cattle’s (American public) panic knowledge, coloring hate as evil.DPMartin

The 1% does have some reason to fear the large working class and lumpen proles. It is smart of them to discourage hatred to delay the day they find themselves on the way to the guillotine.

However, I object to referencing Americans (or any other large group) as cattle or sheep. I don't hate people who do that, but I do think it's a cheap way for the writer to sound more discerning than the rank and file. Are you not part of the herd you disparage?

Second, "hate" is a more or less normal emotion to experience, but it has an unfortunate feedback effect: giving free expression to hate tends to feed that emotion and it can get out of hand surprisingly quickly. Feeding righteous, indignant hate too much fuel produces more turmoil in one's head than rationality can manage. A bonfire is fun; a forest fire is not.

Third, people who hate in sync can turn into a lynch mob (literally or figuratively). This tendency isn't limited to rural southern American troglodytes.

Fourth, "hate" tends to be a blunt force instrument. One might hate conservative catholics, fundamentalist Moslems, nazis, and capitalists with unbridled fury, but the wise revolutionary knows that subversion will run amok if it is guided by too much hot hate and insufficient cool reason.

As Jesus said, "I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves". Smart strategy for subversives, I'd say.
  • gurugeorge
    Disgust and even hate are necessary aspects of a full life, they definitely have a time and place and a useful function - although it's probably unwise for anyone's mental health to be permanently switched "on" in those modes.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment