• Tristan
    Anyone have been read Jacques Maritain? I have discovered, recently, by indication of a group in facebook, of philosophy. Such a great mind; he have such masterworks in philosophy of art, philosophy of nature, and is a great renovator of the scholastic tradition.
  • StreetlightX
    One of my great regrets in life is not picking up his The Degrees of Knowledge at a second hand bookshop once. I really want to read him one day. *sigh*.
  • Wayfarer
    Yes, I've been reading snippets. There is a good collection of online texts of his you can find through this paper on the cultural impacts of relativism (hosted at Notre Dame where there is a Maritain Centre.) I have also been reading parts of 'Degrees of Knowledge' in online format, but want to get hold of a hard copy. Also this.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.