• TimeLine
    I PMd Baden and told him I was going to start the thread and asked if he had any issues. He was online at that point. I guess he didn't have a chance to read it till later. I asked you for your opinion, but you were not online. There was nothing wrong with the thread I started. I didn't want to flag the post. I didn't want it deleted. I just wanted to discuss why it was ok to say those things about men but not about women. That's beside the point - if that thread had been about women, it would have been off within five minutes, no matter who was getting married or flying to Timbuktu.T Clark

You were impatient because you were flustered and I should say that "online" does not necessarily mean actually online. Sometimes we are logged on but we are very busy or doing other things, as mentioned we are ordinary people volunteering our time.

For you to claim that "if that thread was about women" is a gamblers fallacy and personal opinion that you cannot verify, because I can assure you that had it been about women and I had seen it, I would have still left it and openly discussed the subject. I have experienced a huge number of sexist remarks against me by many people who are still on here and still pestering me. So, you have no right to make that claim.

As mentioned, we do not tolerate sexism and sexism is not gender-biased.
  • Baden

Fair enough. It depends on the discussion. I already said by PM before I even posted here that it was fine to start this one.
  • T Clark
    You were impatient because you were flustered and I should say that "online" does not necessarily mean actually online. Sometimes we are logged on but we are very busy or doing other things, as mentioned we are ordinary people volunteering our time.TimeLine

I wasn't flustered. I was angry. If it were someone else who was being discussed that way, I would have been much more aggressive than I was. If women were being talked about that way, I wouldn't have stopped until the discussion was shut down. I hope you know that's true.

We're all supposed to stand up for each other. We don't have to wait around for a moderator. I wasn't uncivil or abusive. Why would I wait? What happened that was so bad? I'm sorry Jake left. My first comment to him was a compliment on the quality of his post. I've PMd him telling him I hope he'll hang around. I'm guessing he won't. But people have to face the consequences of what they write. He wasn't treated badly. He just got appropriately slammed for his despicable idea.
  • Shawn

Your taking this quite seriously. What's the prize?
  • TimeLine
    I wasn't flustered. I was angry. If it were someone else who was being discussed that way, I would have been much more aggressive than I was. If women were being talked about that way, I wouldn't have stopped until the discussion was shut down. I hope you know that's true.T Clark

You do not need to be more or less aggressive, that is the point, and while there is nothing inherently bad in your actions, your remarks that had women been the subject the thread would have been immediately shut-down is clearly unfair to both a woman and the only female mod. As if I would let something like that remain unchecked only because I would enjoy the anti-male stance and I would have easily torn his argument to pieces had I actually known about the thread until I reached your correpondence. Let's not forget that you yourself have said to me that despite being a strong woman who supports the rights of women, I never do it at the expense of men. Yes, we do need to stand up for each other, but don't pretend that there was no underlying intention in creating this thread.

Anyway, it looks like it is over now so maybe we should let it rest in peace.
  • T Clark
    Anyway, it looks like it is over now so maybe we should let it rest in peace.TimeLine

I'm done if everyone else is. As the guy who started this thread, I would endorse freezing it if you'd like. Up to you.
  • TimeLine
    Why would you want to be frozen?
  • T Clark
    Why would you want to be frozen?TimeLine

I'm just so fucking tired of talking about women and men. It's like a week straight. Seemed like a good idea when we got started. I'm ready to go back to metaphysics where I belong. Actually, I've been thinking about a post on property rights.
  • TimeLine
    Property rights, eh? Let's hope no one talks about divorces.
  • T Clark
    Property rights, eh? Let's hope no one talks about divorces.TimeLine

I've always wondered about "et ux." That's who owns my house - T Clark et ux. It's not fair. Why can't I be the ux?
  • Baden
    OK, given your consent, I'm going to close it.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.