Maxims

123Next
  • Hanover
    Or possibly you mean people having sex with sex dolls? Whoever heard of such a thing--screwing a piece of inflated plastic!Bitter Crank

No one suggested that the sex doll be inanimate. I take "sex doll" as a descriptive term describing a certain personality, not one I particularly aspire to, but one that fulfills an occasional purpose.

My decadent narrative is so much more interesting than other's. It's my most unRepublican aspect.
  • 0 thru 9
    The next time I meet someone who is either completely perfect or absolutely worthless will be the first time.

Do what you can... and can the doo-doo.

Mono-culture is the death of culture. Simplicity can be beautiful, but nature’s strength is its complexity.

Working for the good is always in order. Fighting for what one perceives to be right is best when it is not the first option. Some things are worth fighting for. But some things are too valuable and fragile to fight over. There are no winners when the “fight for what is right” becomes the “fight to be right”.

The exchange of data is not necessarily communication. There is occasionally an accidental overlap, however.

Assuming that someone has changed is risky. Assuming they can NEVER change is riskier.

To neither get ahead nor behind of yourself is to be in rhythm. To be in rhythm is to be ready.

Cutting the clutter is usually helpful, both physically and mentally. Not confusing motion with progress, preference with quality, opinion with fact, cliche with truth, novelty with originality, and appearances with reality, clears the table to get down to business. The wrong answers are usually louder, larger, and more numerous than the right one. Yet sometimes sweeping statements clean the room. Other times, they kick up a lot of dust. At times, they manage to do both!

Wisdom occasionally feels like “Aha!” Sometimes it is “Oh...”. Most often it seems to be “Ouch”.

A person may sometimes speak a truth, or express a drop of wisdom. Matter and energy, the Earth and the life around us never stops churning its torrent of truth, its waterfall of wisdom. Dare we swim in those waters?

Try not to let progress slow you down...
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.