• shmik
    Just looked and your membership status is 'under review'.
    Well you had a pretty good run...
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    Indeed...

... but it's time for a new start. :D

Meow!

GREG
  • shmik
    New start with old friends.
  • shmik
    Too kitsch?
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    I tried a few things there, posts... are automatically deleted, no internal replies (and that for me!); I did send out another PM, if that actually works...

... I especially like the 'under review' without an notice whatsoever.

Things have really changed there in a very sad way.

Meow!

GREG
  • shmik
    I'm not taking it as that negative. They want to stop you posting for now but are not (at least for the moment) outright banning you. It's a pretty diplomatic measure.
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    Diplomacy, eh?

"Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

“Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes.”
    ― Harry S. Truman

“War is the art of killing each other brutally, diplomacy is the art of killing each other softly.”
    ― Bangambiki Habyarimana

Whatever...

Meow!

GREG
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    I also noticed that there are no Administrators from old PF left.

PF R.I.P.? :’(

Meow!

GREG
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    That makes sense...

... truth is, I'm very surprised I have not yet been banned as I have been using the PM modus to 'inform' members of PF about this as an alternative or a possible means to keep the community intact.

I have managed to send out nearly 80 PMs.

Perhaps he's just not paying that much attention to PMs sent. Something good... I guess.

Meow!

GREG
    Mayor of Simpleton

I was correct.

Get this...

... I have had my status as 'sponsor' eliminated for what I have posted here in TPF.

Indeed in PF a sponsor can be banned, but keeps the status of sponsor, but I was not aware that the status of sponsor could be removed.

Also... the only 'Administrators' in PF are "Eric", "_will_" and "the Soren".

Guerilla Marketing 101?

All of the former Ads have been demoted to Moderator.

Again...

king_joffrey_s_authoritah___as_if__by_lordofthememes-d6z6mvh.jpg

Meow!

GREG
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    I would suggest that if anyone here who wishes to invite someone from PF to this site (TPF), do not invite them or make an appeal for them to leave PF.

Simply inform them of the site and the address. They can come if they so choose and should have that right to decide. We really are not in need of advertisements. The list of members speaks for itself.

No guerilla marketing necessary!

Indeed this still cuts into the membership of PF, but honestly... these guys (guy) running PF should have taken that into consideration and gotten to know the members and community first.

Sorry if I sound a bit angry, but my former house has been burnt to the ground and all I had was a glass of water in my hand.

I raised that glass in a toast to good ol' PF and drank to my good health and have now moved on.

My brain is tired and I'll take a bit of a break now, but I'll be back soon. ;)

I suppose the true test of one's principles would be when one holds to them even more tightly when it is quite obvious they are very much to one's disadvantage.

Cheers!

Meow!

GREG

btw...

Since I'm the King of Non Sequitur Music Videos of the 80's...

... one for the road: X-)

When you're lovers in a dangerous time
    Sometimes you're made to feel as if your love's a crime --
    But nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight --
    Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight
  • Baden
    I suppose the true test of one's principles would be when one holds to them even more tightly when it is quite obvious they are very much to one's disadvantage.Mayor of Simpleton

Yes.
  • Streetlight
    Aw, I'm going to miss my brief stint with the banhammer. In any case, it's simply best not to go about mentioning this place on PF anymore, not even in internal PMs. Eric and Soren are quite sensitive at this point, and there's simply no need to inflame things just to wring another member or two. Stick to philosophy if you're going to post there, and frankly, I'd prefer if we do the same here too.
  • Baden
    They certainly don't have much of a sense of humour about it at the moment nor do some others over there. I'd rather we concentrate on the philosophy from now on too anyhow. For me, that will be here of course.
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    Stick to philosophy if you're going to post there, and frankly, I'd prefer if we do the same here too.StreetlightX

No worries, as I probably will never post there again.

Indeed I will get back to more philosophy, but you have to cut some slack to thoses who it is directly happening to. I might be for the most part 'happy go lucky' but I cannot remember a 'welcome mat' being attached to my back, nor will I take things like this as if they did not happen. Ignoring such a things is not a sign of being professional.

anyway...

I'm done there.

Frankly... as to the sensitivity of Eric and Nik (aka TheSoren)... they need to grow up.

Meow!

GREG
  • Sir2u
    Hey that dumpster on the other side of the road is getting mighty full of posts someone don't like. And I just found out that post over there usually get deleted for containing FUCK. How's about that folks.
  • Benkei
    You can't throw around unnecessary expletives here either!
  • Sir2u
    Unnecessary being the key word there.

Sometimes there are just no other words that suit the occasion. >:)

And it got used in plenty of other posts before mine.
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    You can't throw around unnecessary expletives here either!Benkei

That explain the banning of preachers and soapbox manifestos, eh?

Meow!

GREG
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    Unnecessary being the key word there.

Sometimes there are just no other words that suit the occasion. >:)

And it got used in plenty of other posts before mine.
    Sir2u

Agreed! ;)

Meow!

GREG
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.