• Shawn
    One of the few thing that keeps me believing in an all powerful God or being is the Manichean argument. I wanted to ask whether you believe there is something more to our conception of good and evil?

I'll just post a poll, whether you think good and evil exists, and with a possible explanation as to why you think the way you do about good and evil.
    1. Does good and evil exist? (2 votes)
        Yes
          0%
        No
        100%
  • T Clark
    I must be right. Everyone agrees with me.
  • T Clark
    More seriously - Humans are humans. We act in accordance with our natures. Some of us act honorably and kindly. some of us do not. What other standards are important? Who or what other than humans could possibly be evil or good?
  • Wheatley
    In my opinion good and bad are human constructs, we use those words to label things that we find desirable or undesirable. Evil, on the other hand, has religious connotations.

I believe in good and bad as social constructs, bot not evil.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.