• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Drops of Gratitude that you share here can range from a feeling provoked in you, an action that made you happy, something someone said, a picture of that someone, the list can go on and on and I hope it does because too often in life we focus on the negative that happens to us, without offering our same focus on gratitude and the things in life we are grateful for.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I just returned from Chicago where my family remains and I had the chance to take the train, as I so love to do. It's about an hour ride so I can relax and this time when I flew in I brought with me some 10 inches of snow and I was soo excited that I finally got to see, feel and live a week of life in the snow. I apologized to the locals who were grumbling about the weather but during one trip back to the city, I looked out the window and saw a dog trying to catch a shovel of snow that it's owner kept tossing. I was so excited I stood up and pointed at what I was seeing and the train full of a captive audience looked where I was pointing and it made a lot of us smile.
    20180211_153451.jpg
  • T Clark
    Drops of Gratitude that you share here can range from a feeling provoked in you, an action that made you happy, something someone said, a picture of that someone, the list can go on and on and I hope it does because too often in life we focus on the negative that happens to us, without offering our same focus on gratitude and the things in life we are grateful for.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Gratitude is my favorite emotion. I sometimes wonder if one of the reasons we have God is that people need someone to be grateful for for this world we get to live in. I started a discussion a little while ago about my favorite sources of information - Google Earth, Wikipedia, the Whole Earth Catalog. There are people out there, a lot of them, who want to share what they know. I know how it feels - it's almost a compulsion. They need to make others see what they do. It's pure generosity with no ulterior motive. Maybe Wikipedia is the best example. I feel grateful when people teach me things. Help me know things. There are people like that on this forum.
  • Noble Dust
    What an excellent thread. I hope I can contribute soon. Gratitude isn't one of my strong suits.
  • T Clark
    I left out the source of gratitude that has meant the most to me. Libraries in:
    Seaford DE
    Easton MD
    Martinsville VA
    Cambridge MA
    Rutland VT
    Boston MA
    Holliston MA

[added later] I just thought of one of the things I like best about physical libraries. It's lost to some extent now that I get a lot of my books on Amazon or by ordering on-line from other library's through my libraries on-line borrowing system. I used to love to wander the stacks of the library. I would unfocus my eyes and just walk up and down the stacks scanning the books waiting until one jumped out at me. Then I would pick it up, take a look, and decide if I wanted to read it. If not, I just continued the process. Feels like exploring.
  • Benkei
    I'm grateful for the fact I live in the Netherlands as opposed to almost every other country in the world. We could do with a bit more sun and warmer summers though but global warming is fixing that within my lifetime so I'll be able to retire at the Dutch riviera.
  • Hanover
    When my son was 3, he wandered off at a pool. I noticed him missing and found him at the bottom of the pool flailing his arms but holding his breath. I jumped in in my clothes and raised him over my head. Not a week goes by that I don't think about that. He's 18 now. Every day has been a gift.
  • Baden

:pray: :pray: :pray:
  • BC
    but global warming is fixing that within my lifetimeBenkei

So is rising ocean levels. The Dutch Riviera will be in Belgium. More gratitude.
  • Rich
    I am grateful for my wife of 40 years who is my companion in my life's journey and with whom I share.
  • Benkei
    great story. And congrats with starting on your wel deserved rest from raising him now that he's an adult.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    great story. And congrats with starting on your wel deserved rest from raising him now that he's an adult.Benkei

Benkei, you just wrote a "great story" about some kind of "rest" that happens when you child turns 18!
    Good luck with the idea that you will ever feel "rested" again. :rofl:
  • Benkei
    another benefit from being liberal, we kick them out of the nest at 18 and if they fly they fly, if not, so what?
  • Hanover
    Sure, but the cradle to grave protections afforded by the government provide a safety net if they don't fly. Here, you sort of hit the ground.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I am grateful that I was able to talk to each of my parents yesterday on my birthday. Turning 48 is a bit harder than I thought as I believe another 48 is not in my future but my being able to call each parent and them being there to answer is something I am so very grateful for. :heart:
  • CuddlyHedgehog
    global warming is fixing that within my lifetime so I'll be able to retire at the Dutch riviera.Benkei

If you don't get swept away by the flood.
  • deletedmemberwy
    I am grateful that I have three very close friends that don't leave me even when the depression hits hard and things get rough.
  • deletedmemberwy
    Was when I made the account lol.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I am grateful to know that Lone Wolf no longer feels alone. :hearts:
  • fdrake
    I expressed gratitude to some posters for their company over the years and their efforts in educating me; I missed a few I'd like to draw special attention to but forgot at the time:

@noAxioms,@Andrew M,@andrewk,@jamalrob,@Srap Tasmaner,@Pierre-Normand,@fishfry,@Banno,@'sheps' (miss them),

there are doubtless some people I've forgotten.
  • Srap Tasmaner
    Honored to be on that list, but we both know I learned more from you than you did from me.
  • deletedmemberwy
    Ya, even when I do feel alone, I know they aren't going to leave and they will be there as far as it is humanly possible.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    A couple of good friends in life are a treasure to hold with both hands~
  • deletedmemberwy
    It sounds a bit funny considering they are all guys, but hey lol.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I am grateful for you, my family here. :heart:
  • Benkei
    I'm grateful I can make fun of this pansy bullshit thread and tiff will still forgive me for the tasteless joke. Here's to the gall with the biggest heart in this forum.
  • Banno
    Cheers to that!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.