• NOS4A2

Yeah, resisting arrest turns out to be a bad idea 100% of the time. So why do people do it?
  • frank
    Yeah, resisting arrest turns out to be a bad idea 100% of the time. So why do people do it?NOS4A2

Because they think that they're about to die.
  • praxis
    Rather than teach people to comply with police, saving lives, they teach them to feel indignant and oppressed, putting lives at risk.NOS4A2

Don’t worry, Trumps new patriotic conditioning project will set the kid’s straight... or just garner a few more votes from people like you.
  • NOS4A2

Don’t worry, Trumps new patriotic conditioning project will set the kid’s straight... or just garner a few more votes from people like you.

Better than critical race theory, witch attracts people such as yourself like flies to shit.
  • NOS4A2

Because they think that they're about to die.

Resisting arrest increases the risk of all involved.
  • frank
    Resisting arrest increases the risk of all involved.NOS4A2

Nothing left to lose. I'm sure you understand that from your days on the mean streets of Vancouver.
  • praxis

At least critical race theory is a real thing and not another pathetic ploy.
  • NOS4A2

Nothing left to lose. I'm sure you understand that from your days on the mean streets of Vancouver.

You fill American’s heads with fear and nonsense about being killed by police for their skin color, when they are clearly being killed for resisting arrest. It’s just untrue that people are being killed because they have certain skin colors. These lies are exacerbating the very problem you wish would end.
  • NOS4A2

At least critical race theory is a real thing and not another pathetic ploy.

Pseudoscientific, race theories. What could go wrong?
  • Maw
    Just ban him jesus christ
  • Streetlight
    The village dumpster makes this place more interesting.
  • Maw
    All it does is leave me depressed that people like this exist
  • Streetlight
    Check-out every now and then; good for your health.

Also NOS is not a person he's just a kind of jar of living urine.
  • frank
    You fill American’s heads with fear and nonsense about being killed by police for their skin color, when they are clearly being killed for resisting arrest. It’s just untrue that people are being killed because they have certain skin colors. These lies are exacerbating the very problem you wish would end.NOS4A2

They just kind of spontaneously believe it. I dont deal with cops much. Another figure of power is doctors, though. Ive seen doctors try harder to help white people than black ones, so I think I understand what's happening.

But do I really? I just collect perspectives.
  • NOS4A2

Just ban him jesus christ

All it does is leave me depressed that people like this exist

How do you survive outside the womb if an opposing opinion causes this much distress?
  • Maw
    How do you survive outside the womb if an opposing opinion causes this much distress?NOS4A2

My comment was directed at @BitconnectCarlos who, among other insane things, is unable to grasp how the state shooting black men is bad, and if this is merely an "opposing opinion" to you, then you are also part of the problem.
  • praxis

Superficial gestures to an ignorant audience. What couldn’t go right?
  • Maw
    I mean speaking of surviving outside the womb, I sincerely don't think @NOS4A2 is capable of dressing himself
  • BitconnectCarlos

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.
  • NOS4A2

They just kind of spontaneously believe it. I dont deal with cops much. Another figure of power is doctors, though. Ive seen doctors try harder to help white people than black ones, so I think I understand what's happening.

But do I really? I just collect perspectives.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Do you raise the issue with your superiors?
  • frank
    I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Do you raise the issue with your superiors?NOS4A2

I haven't. I'm not sure what kind of evidence I would need.
  • NOS4A2

My apologies. If consensus keep you sane and disagreement twists your panties, it’s pretty easy to self-curate the information you access these days.
  • NOS4A2

I haven't. I'm not sure what kind of evidence I would need.

That’s the problem. The mind-state of the doctor or cop cannot be used as evidence. So we cannot know that the doctor treated someone different based on skin color instead of other reasons.
  • frank
    That’s the problem. The mind-state of the doctor or cop cannot be used as evidence. So we cannot know that the doctor treated someone different based on skin color instead of other reasons.NOS4A2

This was touched on by Bitconnect and myself. Race is a complex issue in the US because race and economic problems overlap. Health issues too: American blacks tend to have vitamin D deficiency. There's a link between that condition and more severe COVID19 infection.
  • NOS4A2

I think we’ll find disparities between any group—tall vs. Short, fat vs. thin, young vs. old—it’s why medical treatment needs to be tailored to the individual instead of to the arbitrary taxonomies we assign him to.
  • frank
    So true. I'd like to draw your attention to the penis chair in this video, but really, the whole thing bears watching.

• Changeling
    I was just skimming, saw the mention of that movie then felt the need to vent my feelings about it
  • frank
    Did you aim the Death Ray at it? Why didnt you like it?
  • Changeling
    was uninteresting and didn't go anywhere. Definitely recommend Get Out though, but would skip Us.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.