• NOS4A2
    Another obstructionist injunction overturned.

Court rules in favor of Trump in ‘sanctuary cities’ grant fight

The nation-wide injunction has become a tool of the judiciary in order to stifle Trump’s agenda, so it’s nice to see them overturned in higher courts.

Federal judges have moved more than three dozen times in three years to temporarily prohibit enforcement of Trump policies that were challenged before them. That contrasts with about 20 for Barack Obama and even fewer for George W. Bush, both of whom served eight years, according to senators and witnesses at the hearing.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/senators-grapple-with-nationwide-injunctions

It’s hard to believe that even with all this obstruction—constant investigations, impeachment’s, injunctions—President Trump is delivering. It’s no wonder Euros want a Sanders presidency: their own hapless, progressive leaders cannot compete in the same world as the Trump administration.
  • Punshhh
    He's such a stable genius.
    IMG-9051.jpg
  • Michael
    As I understand it that ruling only applies to the specific States under that Court’s jurisdiction. Three comparable Circuits have ruled against the Trump admin and their ruling stands for their respective States.

Or am I misunderstanding how it works?
  • Michael
    It’s no wonder Euros want a Sanders presidency: their own hapless, progressive leaders cannot compete in the same world as the Trump administration.NOS4A2

What do you mean by this? In what way are Johnson, Merkel, Macron, etc. failing to “compete” with Trump?
  • Michael
    "Let me just say, I have an intention to be the most litigious chair in history," McDaniel said. "I think what Democrats have done systematically to take away our rights to rig the election system and this, to take away our votes, our Electoral College votes, and have California and New York dictate who the next president of the United States is."

No way she actually said that part out loud?
  • tim wood
    News reports of the mishandling of the quarantined Americans brought here from Japan by the Trump administration imply an institutional separation from reality by them that is hopelessly ignorant and murderously incompetent. Each and every American is now on notice that they are personally and individually, existentially in the Sartrean sense, responsible for whatever Trump and his do. Think that nothing he does could affect you personally? He may have already killed you and you just don't know it yet.

A man like Trump highlights the moral failings in all of us, in the sense we tolerate him. And to be sure, it's arguable that it's better to tolerate the lesser evil than to resort to greater evil for remedy - that seems to be the lesson of our system of justice, for example. But there's an upper limit. I do not know exactly when Trump and his crossed it so that it became a problem for each of us severally, but he's across that line now. And very likely he crossed it long ago.
  • NOS4A2

What do you mean by this?

I mean that others could not do what Trump is doing under this pressure, and I accused those who write in British English of wanting Sanders to become US president because Trump makes their own leaders look bad.
  • Michael
    I accused those who write in British English of wanting Sanders to become US president because Trump makes their own leaders look bad.NOS4A2

Trust me, Boris Johnson makes himself look bad. :lol:
  • NOS4A2
    The tentative end of America’s longest war is on the horizon.

U.S.-Taliban sign landmark agreement in bid to end America's longest war

This is what happens when you give Trump the nuclear codes.
  • praxis
    While in the process of politicizing the Coronavirus, Trump claims that the Democrats are politicizing it.

Junior goes much further.

They seem to have a low opinion of their supporters intelligence.
  • NOS4A2

Trump never said the Coronavirus is a hoax. But I guess the Times has a low opinion of its readers.
  • praxis

Where exactly did they say that?
  • creativesoul
    ...I accused those who write in British English of wanting Sanders to become US president because Trump makes their own leaders look bad.NOS4A2

Or perhaps... just maybe... nearly everyone else in the world would like for Sanders to become president because he is much less likely to fuck everyone else in the process of putting Americans first? Maybe he is not going to run the country as if it is his own cut-throat business in a dog eat dog world?

Maybe he realizes that everyone else does not have to lose in order for America to win. Maybe he takes the responsibility of effecting/affecting others seriously? Maybe he does not have the most outright openly questionable ethics in American history for a president of his own time?

Maybe he knows what he's talking about...

Just maybe...

Or it could all be some big conspiracy of the deep state to make Trump look bad and do whatever it takes to get rid of that leech? Maybe the aliens are in on it too...
  • NOS4A2

Right in the title of the New York Times video.
  • NOS4A2

Maybe their countries are just used to getting a free ride, bleeding America dry, and like any addict is getting frustrated that their supply is dwindling.
  • praxis

The title reads:

“Donald Trump: Coronavirus is Democrats' 'new hoax'”

I image that most Trump supporters have poor reading comprehension, or just tend to see what they want to see.
  • creativesoul

Maybe they - like everyone else in the world - realize that when someone enters into an agreement that they voluntarily obligate themselves to make the world match their words... to make the changes they gave their word to make... to do the things they've agreed to do...

Maybe, just maybe... the rest of the world is not nearly as creative as Donald John Trump at looking for an escape clause in order to not be held liable for not keeping his word - after he has received the benefits of said agreement.

Maybe, just maybe... everyone else realizes the imperative nature of working together to make the world a much beter place for everyone, which requires being a man of your word.

Trump is not.
  • NOS4A2

The title reads:

I image that most Trump supporters have poor reading comprehension, or just tend to see what they want to see.

Did trump say that? No. But anti-Trumpers like to believe what they’re told. Trump has taken drastic measures a while ago, long before Democrats started bleating about their Coronavirus fears.
  • NOS4A2

Maybe the rest of the world should get used to paying their fair share. Working together requires partnerships, not dependants.
  • creativesoul

That's a gross oversimplification of a complex set of circumstances resulting from a complex set of agreements.

Everyone ought keep their word. Not everyone has broken theirs. There are also better ways to go about ensuring that people do.
  • creativesoul
    Working together requires partnerships, not dependants.NOS4A2

Working together is being interdependent. Humans are, by our very nature, interdependent social creatures.
  • NOS4A2

19 NATO members that have not met the 2% GDP spending goal set at the 2014 NATO summit, which was before Trump arrived. So were they lying?
  • praxis
    The title reads:

— praxis

Did trump say that? No. But anti-Trumpers like to believe what they’re told.
    NOS4A2

In the posted video, Trump says “and this is their new hoax.” If you’re too brainwashed to believe that he wasn’t referring to Democrats and the coronavirus, well, then there’s little chance of me opening you eyes.
  • NOS4A2

In the posted video, Trump says “and this is their new hoax.” If you’re too brainwashed to believe that he wasn’t referring to Democrats and the coronavirus, well, then there’s little chance of me opening you eyes.

Did he or did he not say Coronavirus is the Democrat’s new hoax?
  • creativesoul
    19 NATO members that have not met the 2% GDP spending goal set at the 2014 NATO summit, which was before Trump arrived. So were they lying?NOS4A2

What's the point here? Is the argument something like... some people do not keep their word, therefore Trump can pull out of any and all agreements that he chooses to?
  • NOS4A2

What's the point here? Is the argument something like... some people do not keep their word, therefore Trump can pull out of any and all agreements that he chooses to?

The point is it isn’t wrong to expect other countries to hold up their end of the bargain.
  • creativesoul
    Did he or did he not say Coronavirus is the Democrat’s new hoax?NOS4A2

Calling it a hoax is to deny that it is a problem, and it doesn't matter who "their new hoax" refers to. The denial itself is the problem.
  • creativesoul
    The point is it isn’t wrong to expect other countries to hold up their end of the bargain.NOS4A2

I would agree generally speaking about the obligation to keep one's word. I disagree that the fix for some not doing so is for everyone to not do so.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.