• tim wood
    Mww! Mww! Bite him!

And he says no such thing! Duty! That's what he was on about, and the freedom to do it. You had the freedom and the duty - the imperative! Your only defense is that you cannot tell the difference between the candidates in any way that matters. Not a defense that adds to your glory.

And as to the efficacy of nothing, we both know what Shakespeare said about nothing, don't we.
  • tim wood
    Lol. The English have the touch. It's an English balloon, yes?
  • Kenosha Kid
    Jesus, how can you not vote for Trump, he said he won the Nobel peace prize like TWICE!!
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    I cast my ballot today, and y'all will all be relieved that as to the presidential race, I voted for nobody, which I do believe will be better than either of the candidates.Hanover

I salute you :up:

I voted for nobody ...
    — Hanover
    Aka "whoever wins".
    180 Proof

Nobody is going to win here...we are all losers in this one.
  • praxis
    Bicontinental actually.
  • 180 Proof
    Yeah, but these losses are not the same - it's the difference between amputating both your legs (Sleepy Joe) and cutting off your head (Donny Bone Spurs).
  • The Opposite
    sounds like the US is the black knight:
  • Maw
    Either way we are gonna bleed to death!
  • 180 Proof
    Definitely the latter, so I'll take my chances with the former.
  • Merkwurdichliebe

Living with no legs doesn't really sound like the better option. At least decapitation is a really cool death, and living headless (hypothetically speaking) is also a very appealing prospect.

Either way we are gonna bleed to death!Maw
    Exactly.
  • Maw
    Definitely the latter, so I'll take my chances with the former.180 Proof

Yeah I live in New York where my vote will not matter towards the EC, and yet will still (99% likely) vote for Biden in order to boost the difference in the popular vote (should a number of things go wrong). However, I also anticipate the political ineptitude of a Biden administration to willfully confront various issues which demand immediate and radical solutions. To @Merkwurdichliebe point, we are all losers in this one: "losing one's legs" (i..e Biden presidency) makes us (i.e. the Left) "losers". We can accept this now and strategize rather than seemingly remain complacent with it.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    It's all been steadily going downhill since Reagan. Nothing in our present field of view remotely indicates the slightest desire to alter direction. I see nothing short of radical violent revolution as a viable means for actual reform in the government. Unfortunately, judging from the current attitude of the youth in America, it is likely such a thing would propel the US into a Soviet-esque nightmare. Shit is bad, and ain't nothing Biden or Trump can do.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.