• Chester
    I think when a social media company gets as powerful as Facebook or Twitter it is only right that they are regulated. Such companies have enormous political power and foreign/national powers may well seek to control them and the narrative that runs through them.

As things stand it is clear that the big western social media companies have a left-liberal bias that needs regulating.
  • Chester
    Did Twitter get people to fact check when the WHO implied that Covid 19 was not transmittable between people?
  • NOS4A2

I think it’s a step too far. But the question of who fact-checks the fact-checkers is an important one. The capricious and political use of their labelling and anti-Trump sources, all of whom endorse opposing candidates, makes plain their motives, which seems to me to score points against Trump and to influence the election.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.