When you're as good as me, you look forward to karmic paybacks.Hanover

You must be doing something right. :D
  • Michael
    Mansory's Linea VincerĂ² d'Oro (Bugatti Veyron):

2009-bugatti-veyron-mansory-linea-vincero.jpg
  • Sam26
    Ya, that's a bit out of my price bracket. :-O
  • Ian
    Have you ever checked out a Porshe Panamera Turbo?
  • ProbablyTrue
    Ya, that's a bit out of my price bracket.Sam26

The hallmark of a true sports car enthusiast is buying something they can't afford. :-$
  • Sam26
    Yes, I owned one a few years ago, didn't like it.
  • Ian
    How about an Audi RS7?
  • Sam26
    Nice car, but a new one is still more than I want to spend. I want to keep in under 85k, unless I can find a good used one.
  • Benkei
    what didn't you like about the porsche panamera?
  • ssu
    A car story:

The side blinker assembly popped out of my car. Maybe I ran up against something. I don't know. A few weeks later a kid ran into the side of my car where the blinker was popped out. So now his insurance will cover the entire repair.

When you're as good as me, you look forward to karmic paybacks.
    Hanover

Another car story:

I was planning to sell my Alfa Romeo 159 and buy a new BMW.

The car dealership noticed that the old Alfa had many things to repair, but as I was selling it, it wouldn't be rational for me to do them (and pay a lot when the price of the car wasn't that high anymore). Well, driving back from the BMW dealer the Alfa finally quit working and I barely got it out of the motorway. As I was planning to call a tow truck, another Alfa 159 stopped next to my car and out came two guys asking if I needed help. I explained the situation that I was planning to sell the old car and then this happened. The driver thought a bit and then asked to buy the car. The guy turned out to be an Alfa collector. We agreed on the price (that was better for me than from the dealership when the car was running), went immediately to my home and did the paperwork and the payment on the computer and finally went with him to pick up the winter tires from the storage. All in less than 2 hours when the Alfa had quit working.

The Alfa community is definately very social. From the two Alfas that I have had, both have been sold to individuals that have taken the cars as a hobby.
  • Cavacava

Here is my favorite looking Alfa Romeo, the Montreal. It has its own owners club.

DSC_0989-940x625.jpg
  • Sam26
    That's a nice looking car. What year is that?
  • Sam26
    It's a well built vehicle, but I just didn't like the look, very subjective. I love the 911 turbo though.
  • Sam26
    Well, this is what I ended up buying...

by0hgsntexhmmwjy.jpg
  • Cavacava
    Link is not working
  • Sam26
    How's that?
  • Cavacava

K, see it now. Is it the Z06? very fast.
  • Sam26
    No it's not the Z06, but after I put the P1X procharger on, it will have about the same hp as a Z06 for much less money. I can put the procharger on for about $6500, which is a good price.
  • TimeLine
    Why did you end up choosing burgundy in colour?

On a side note and if I had money, I would get a sporty small SUV like the Toyota C-HR for both the speed, comfort and price. What do you think? Meh, a girl can dream can't she?

m8tn0gz09bhipt02.jpg
  • Sam26
    I like that Toyota.

It's a used 2017 Corvette. I bought it because I got, I believe, a good deal. The color was the color of my 2014 Corvette, which I liked, so that was a bonus. The color is called 'long beach red metallic tintcoat.'
  • Benkei
    Nice car Sam.

I just bought this:

upgyjjfbi5cj.jpg

:cry:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Sam26
    Excellent choice!
    In the event that you want to start collecting Corvettes or know someone who does, my father in law has been restoring Corvettes for 50 years for the Top Flight competitions. His Duntov award winning cars are painstakingly cared for and are providing nicely for his retirement. But the 'extra' parts that have been acquired along the way that were not needed for this or that car or you had to take the whole box of parts to get the one that you want, have left us with an inventory that could build another fleet of Corvettes. So if you ever find yourself in need of a Bezel or a switch, just drop me a note. :wink:
  • Sam26
    Nice Benkei, you can take the whole family in that. Unfortunately for me I can only have one other passenger. Hope you get many enjoyable miles. :smile:
  • Sam26
    Wow Tiff that's nice to know, thanks for the info, and thanks for the comment. Do you have any pics of what he restored?
  • ssu
    That's a car I would imagine someone like Benkei would buy. Comfortable, well built, useful, not too expensive yet good quality. A car that someone writing in PF would buy.

Is it an automatic? I would guess it's an automatic, but not four-wheel drive.
    (Of course I don't know much about Benkei, but guessing in fun sometimes)

Well, this is what I ended up buying...Sam26

Cool car, Sam26.

I hate it when people buy a sportscar with awful colours, but that one looks good.
  • Sam26
    Thanks ssu.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Do you have any pics of what he restored?Sam26

Yes, there are pictures but for whatever privacy reason he doesn't want his cars posted on a forum.
    Who knew? Not me, not before asking, glad I did.
  • Agustino
    he doesn't want his cars posted on a forum.ArguingWAristotleTiff
    You know, recently I became aware that many people on this forum don't understand this privacy issue with regards to business. Some seem to be entirely convinced that if you have a business, then you ought to just put your stuff everywhere, as that is advertisement :s
  • Sam26
    I understand. Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.