• Joshs
    Its a delicate balance. Too little structures and life is incoherent. Too much structure and you end up with a moral code instead of a pragmatics that's relativistic enough to effectively construe other ways of thinking without resorting to prejudgment.
  • Wayfarer
    I’ve encountered him mainly through mentions on forums. He seems worth knowing about, he’s on my ‘must get around to reading’ list. (Right now I’m reading Raimundo Panikkar who is an interfaith philosophical theologian.)
  • deletedmemberwy
    Yeah, that seems difficult to comprehend.
  • deletedmemberwy
    Its a delicate balance. Too little structures and life is incoherent. Too much structure and you end up with a moral code instead of a pragmatics that's relativistic enough to effectively construe other ways of thinking without resorting to prejudgment.Joshs
    Is a moral code necessarily wrong, if that is what one believes and acts accordingly? Supposing that there are some truths that are not relative to an individual, then using those would not be bad. But if one is wrong in supposing a truth to be absolute, then that is where the problem rests. In other words, humility ought to be a trait that is ingrained.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.