• charleton
    The Christians got their ideas from Zoroastrianism.
  • Hanover
    I was never taught anything religion and growing up alone, my enthusiasm for biblical exegesis is completely independent, but I usually avoid discussions of such a kind because lacking such bias, it is difficult for those who did grow up with a religion to understand how I interpret the parables and symbols within them; their interpretations are usually legitimised by either dogmatic values or the lack thereof and thus it is more about the institutional practice and less about the subjective quality in the meaning.TimeLine

You needn't struggle with it, the work has already been done for you. Here are the 613 commandments of the Old Testament. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

As for the latter part of your idea, there is a schism of this feminine in both Proverbs and the Book of Revelations, which I think serves as a warning for the desire that compels one to become wayward from moral virtue.TimeLine

And bringing us full circle, it was a woman who brought about the fall of man by having him eat the apple. The woman, like Satan, is often portrayed as one who tempts, or a temptress.
  • TimeLine
    And bringing us full circle, it was a woman who brought about the fall of man by having him eat the apple. The woman, like Satan, is often portrayed as one who tempts, or a temptress.Hanover

No, he made the choice and then blamed the woman for his own decision; he was equally punished for that reason. That is the warning. Eve was tempted by the devil and Adam was tempted by Eve. It is the reason why women have been subjected to strict regulations by men.
  • TimeLine
    That was before Tolkien, right?
  • charleton
    What Zoroastrianism? It was before Christianity.
    It's where the Greeks got their ideas from, as well as numerous other examples of virgin birth, gods coming down to earth as humans, and human sacrifice.
    Nothing about the divine aspects of "christ" are original.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet