• empleat
    http://4umi.com/nietzsche/zarathustra/8

I especially interesting in the second half: which starts with this sentence: "When Zarathustra had said this, the youth called out with violent gestures: "Yea, Zarathustra, thou speakest the truth.".

I have severe chronic pain I can't read his works myself currently! Does Nietzsche write anywhere else yet about noble men and losing their highest hope? Can you link me some articles which are going in more details into this?

This second part really interested me! As I identify with it so accurately!

Especially this was insane to me:
    Ah! I have known noble ones who lost their highest hope. And then they disparaged all high hopes.

Then lived they shamelessly in temporary pleasures, and beyond the day had hardly an aim.

"Spirit is also voluptuousness,"—said they. Then broke the wings of their spirit; and now it creepeth about, and defileth where it gnaweth.

Once they thought of becoming heroes; but sensualists are they now. A trouble and a terror is the hero to them.

But by my love and hope I conjure thee: cast not away the hero in thy soul! Maintain holy thy highest hope!—
    Thus spake Zarathustra.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.