• JohnLocke
    Hello,
    I am writing a school project about consciousness.
    I believe consciousness is a property of our universe -and not something our brain creates.
    I believe a brain can ‘tune’ into this consciousness realm or plane or dimension because it is complex and has evolved in a particular way to do so - in the same way a radio can tune into a particular frequency.
    In this view, our brain is a machine and consciousness is the internet.
    The machine is required to access the Internet, but does not create the Internet -our brain is a conduit through which we can access the conscious plane of our universe.

What theory does this relate to?
    Anyone have any further information?
    Thank you.
  • MysticMonist
    Yes neoplatonism. Nous is our rational mind which taps into the ideal realm and Absolutes thru contemplation.

Also Transcendentalism does this too

Then also Jung's pyschology of the collective unconcious

Is that enough of a lead?
  • fishfry
    Read some Jung. Collective unconscious perhaps. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious . Or maybe not. Not sure how Jung relates to the consciousness of the universe. Just tossing out an idea.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.