• Agustino
    Can we please keep questions about moderation to Feedback Tiff?jamalrob
    So according to your good reason, it's alright for a moderator to go around editing another poster's posts for no reason right? The Terms of Service state that we retain full copyright of the posts. If a moderator edits our post, it is as if we ourselves posted that - and it is so for any third party.

The Terms of Service state clearly that you only have the right to delete content, but under no heading does it ever state that you can create content in the name of other people. So if a moderator edits any post it should be made clear that it is edited and which part was edited, and why the action was undertaken.

And what's even worse, when that moderator in question was asked if they moderated the said person, they said no, outright lying. How is this acceptable?
  • Shawn
    Aren't we taking things a little too seriously here?
  • Michael
    By submitting Content to thephilosophyforum.com for inclusion on the Website, you grant The Philosophy Forum a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify [my emphasis], adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content.
  • Agustino
    By submitting Content to thephilosophyforum.com for inclusion on the Website, you grant The Philosophy Forum a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify [my emphais], adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content.
    Excuse me - modify doesn't mean you get to make up things someone never wrote. That modification is supposed to be for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting MY content (and not that of the moderators).

So how was TimeLine's modification done for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting the content of the respective poster? If this is not a flagrant and clear abuse of power and direct violation of the terms of service I don't know what is.
  • Michael
    So how was TimeLine's modification done for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting the content of the respective poster? If this is not a flagrant and clear abuse of power and direct violation of the terms of service I don't know what is.Agustino

As far as I'm aware, TimeLine edited her own post, not someone else's:

Nice job editing your post to make it look like I said "fuck off" for no reason.Noble Dust
  • Agustino
    As far as I'm aware, TimeLine edited her own post, not someone else's:Michael
    Do you see Noble Dust's post that reads "PIZZA"? That was edited by TimeLine. And when asked about it, she said she did not moderate him. This is totally unacceptable and a clear violation of the terms of service.

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/132474
  • Jamal
    According to the change log, that was Noble Dust's own edit.
  • Agustino
    So when told by Tiff that she shouldn't edit ND's posts, why did TimeLine reply "I'm learning"? @Noble Dust should clarify which of his posts were edited.
  • Jamal
    I don't know why TimeLine said "I'm learning".
  • Baden

I can confirm "PIZZA" was Noble Dust's edit. You could have simply asked him before creating this discussion.
  • Baden
    Anyway with regard to the general point:

By posting on the site you accept that we have full rights to edit and / or delete your posts. That's how moderated forums work.

However, we don't wish to misrepresent anyone, so if you feel any moderating action results in your ideas being misrepresented then you may complain about it and if you have a reasonable case, we'll restore the original (all changes are logged so everything is checkable). Your other option, of course, is to simply delete the content of the moderated post if you feel it no longer represents your views. Suffice to say, it's clearly not in the moderating team's interest or part of its purview to moderate anyone for any other reason except to enforce the site guidelines.
  • Baden
    In this case, you don't have a reasonable case. Or any case actually. So, there doesn't really seem to be anything further to say here and I'm closing this discussion.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet