• Drew747
    Do people ever feel overwhelmed by the complex nature of humans, life itself, and metaphysics? It's an oxymoron to say "To think simply but to be a complex thinker." It's hard to over-indulge in philosophical discussions because one man could never be certain that another is correct, or they themselves is correct. However, we as humans (from my belief) should refrain from the evil influences of others and focus more on their own intelligence and build on it upon themselves. We have our own moral values which we stick faithfully by. However, is there any one correct way to live?

I'm a philosopher myself, but it's easy to over-indulge in philosophy to where you question the validity of anything you say. If there is a correct way to live, then surely you aren't living the correct way because surely there must be million of flaws which could occur and millions of different ways to live? Can I accept myself for who I am? I think yes. It seems easy to go with the flow and think "simply" because any one person cannot be a "perfect" philosopher so why bother? Why not live by your own moral values and talk lightly on "complex" matters such as philosophy?

I have a different philosophy than others, and it's quite unique how varied and colorful philosophy can be. Everybody should strive to be a better person using their God-given knowledge. Never let people influence or affect you in any way. I feel no shame whatsoever what I share with anyone because I'm a human and so is everybody else. We are all imperfect. However, we can get pretty darn close to perfect just as scientists can get pretty darn close to absolute zero, although quantum physics says it's impossible. Anybody who does not want to improve upon themselves, is worthless.

I am very open-minded and perceive things in a highly complex way. Everything should be taken lightly by the user, taken with a grain of salt. Taste it, if you dare, and you may like the taste and ascertain that knowledge and perhaps make it your own. The greatest mind, the greatest and most important person, is yourself. And it is important to not let go of your values unless you feel you need to in order to become a more perfect and better person.

And becoming a better person is wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, which ever human who has an ounce of it and is actually human should strive to seek. I made this post while I was very tired and exhausted, I already texted over a thousand words on philosophy to my friend and I feel burnt from doing so. That's why I came here. I hope y'all can comprehend, relate, or "taste" what I have set forth unto the table. Thank you.
  • TimeLine
    That's why I came here. I hope y'all can comprehend, relate, or "taste" what I have set forth unto the table.Drew747

I'm curious why you used the word 'unto'? Anyway, welcome. There is not much to disagree with. But not much to agree with either. A kind of indifference, really.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.