• charleton
    If there is any credibility in the idea that there are cryptic messages in the stars concerning our future. Then that should be easy enough to demonstrate.
    If there is any credibility that a person's character is related to where the sun was at the time of his or her birth then that should be determinable with a few simple questions.
    SO. As I said above guess my star sign!
    Ask as many questions about my character, as you like then make a guess. You can even have a few wrong answers.
    Any challengers?
  • charleton
    12 disciples; 12 pennies in a shilling; 12 to a dozen; 12 tribes of Israel; 12 members of a jury - it is just soooooo spooky.
  • Myttenar
    Propinquity! One can quantify interpersonal relationships using felific calculus :)
  • charleton
    Conversely, a top-class intellectual might have an aberrant belief in astrology, elves or some other nonsense.Cuthbert

I think not. H. G. Wells was no intellectual, but a writer of fantasies.
    Pythagoras was born into a age of ignorance; ignorance he did much to dispel.
    Given the growth in astronomy and science the quote on astrology sticks.
  • Cuthbert
    "Ask as many questions about my character, as you like then make a guess. You can even have a few wrong answers. Any challengers?"

Do you live on a hillside and chase sheep? Aries. Do you use a bow and arrow? Sagittarius. Have you never? Virgo. Are you going to say my post is funny and then tell me I'm stupid? Scorpio.

It's easy when you know how.
  • charleton
    NO.
    You are supposed to ask questions first!
  • Cuthbert
    OK. What's your star sign? Is it Capricorn?
  • Cuthbert
    No, I am unable to read. What star sign does that make me?
  • charleton
    There is no such thing as a star sign.
  • Cuthbert
    Huh. Typical Aquarian thing to say.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url