• deletedmemberwy
    My apologies for such a long delay in replying. :( Hopefully, I can get to this soon.
  • deletedmemberwy
    Love is the state of maximum acceptance.Henri
    That's all it is? Acceptance?

On the other hand, as a state of maximum denial evil ultimately wants to cease to exist, to be destroyed, and that's what will happen.Henri
    Could love then, be a system that creates order? Whereas if evil is lack of love, then it is as chaos?
  • deletedmemberwy
    Yes, I think that would be a better description. Individual interpretations generally do not reflect the original.

Attraction: this one's pretty obvious, but one simply cannot maintain a healthy relationship with someone that they don't personally find attractive, it's the "imagine kissing him" test. What I'm arguing here is that lust in fact does play a real role in loveCosette Brazeau
    Hmm, I think I love my dad, but I would never kiss him!

If a partner depends on you for economic stability or other kinds of stability, there's an imbalance of power, and therefore a lack of respect. Respect is ever so important because, to maintain a solid and stable relationship, both parties have to respect the other as their equal, or everything falls out of wackCosette Brazeau

Then, say, a poor person may not love as a friend a rich person or vice versa?

-Similar interests: There must be a basis for love. It could range from something as simple as you both have a zest for life, or something as complex as you both are fanatically obsessed with bird watching.Cosette Brazeau

Perhaps in a marriage, but as to love as friends or in general, I don't think this is necessarily true. Such as, just because I do not have an interest in bird watching does not mean that I will hate someone who enjoys that particular hobby.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet