• Baden

Your mother in law, hopefully. (jrob told me to say that :D)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Another thing that pisses me off is when people try to insert a word that you are searching for to accurately describe what I am trying to say.
    Life is not Jeopardy folks!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Your mother in law, hopefully. (jrob told me to say that :D)Baden

8-) that jrob is a good man
  • TimeLine
    Grammatical Pedantry Syndrome is a real mental health concern.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    People who are too arrogant to not pull all the way over AND stop for an Emergency Vehicle!!
  • Hanover
    When my mother in law's zebra chews gum. I'm like, are you going to chomp like a horse all day or are you going to do some work and she says "yes." I want to kick that ambiguous talking fucker in the nads, but girl zebras got none. Fortunately for her I'm a green man and I walk away.

True story. Couldn't make this shit up if I wanted to.
  • Michael
    When my mother in law's zebra chews gum. I'm like, are you going to chomp like a horse all day or are you going to do some work and she says "yes." I want to kick that ambiguous talking fucker in the nads, but girl zebras got none. Fortunately for her I'm a green man and I walk away.Hanover

Same, but with a goat.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Same, but with a goat.Michael

Banno would be proud!
    Now I am pissed off because@Banno could be here to say that!
  • S
    Banno is old news.Michael

Who?
  • Michael
    Would that be FOX news?ArguingWAristotleTiff

No, that's fake news.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    No, that's fake news.Michael

Here I thought fake news was on TMZ and reports of real news were on FOX and CNN news reports.
  • Baden
    The true story of the thing that pissed me off by me (in lieu of posting on my blog because I can't, which also pisses me off).

Bouncing heap of spastic junk with pea-brained maniac behind wheel accelerates towards crosswalk on which I have innocently claimed asylum under the auspices of the friendly green man beckoning from the other side. Here I choose to stand firm, graveyard of brave perigrinators. Briefly. Before drawing back in horror at the realization that peabrained spastic junk driver would sooner convert me to road pancake than cease, desist or even slightly slow down his sputtering lump of malicious metal. By a matter of inches and only by an almost impossible reverse maneuvre do I manage to retain bodily integrity. (At least I remember to spit at the bastard though sadly I miss the windshield and almost certainly the attention of said peabrained homicidal nutter - i.e. typical local driver - when doing so.)
  • Baden
    Or fake news? You decide!
  • Michael
    Or fake news? You decide!Baden

I'll have to put it through the fake news test. If Trump says it's fake news, it isn't, and if he says it isn't, it is.
  • Michael
    Nah, real news is BBC, Reuters, Washington Post, New York Times, etc.

CNN, FOX, and MSNBC all get a "Mixed" rating on https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ . I like my reporting to be "High" or "Very High".

Politifact and Snopes are also good to check whether or not the news is fake. FOX has 60% "mostly false"/"false"/"pants on fire" compared to CNN's 27% (albeit comparing FOX's 169 checks to CNN's 79). MSNBC only has two claims checked so not enough to warrant a comparison.
  • Baden

Hmm, I may also have to put your fake news test through the fake news test. If Trump says that Trump says it's fake news then Trump didn't say it's fake news therefore it is fake news.
  • praxis
    The influence of evolutionary biology on ethical philosophy: everything reduced to ‘what aids survival.’Wayfarer

Truth can be infuriating.

Have you read any Steven Pinker, btw? I’ve got a couple of his books in my wish list.
  • Sir2u
    Assuming that’s a true story, forty people who waste a college education.praxis

College education is not a 24/7 way of life, you do have free time occasionally. We also had competitions to see which group could put more people in a telephone booth or mini car. And a lot of other pranks.
  • Sir2u
    News flash, the latest on the web.

World governments eliminate all source of fake news and offer rewards to all that denounce people creating news that is false.

If you know of someone that is trying to make public on the WWW any information that is not true call the following hotline and receive your reward.

555-4321 or 123-4567 if you are in Washington DC.
  • S
    What pisses you off?

Yes.
  • Michael
    News flash, the latest on the web.

World governments eliminate all source of fake news and offer rewards to all that denounce people creating news that is false.

If you know of someone that is trying to make public on the WWW any information that is not true call the following hotline and receive your reward.

555-4321 or 123-4567 if you are in Washington DC.
    Sir2u

Apparently yesterday someone was phoning registered Democrats in Virginia and (falsely) telling them that the polling booths had been moved elsewhere.
  • praxis
    Damn Russians.
  • Marchesk
    Life is not Jeopardy folks!ArguingWAristotleTiff

Don't you mean Wheel of Fortune?
  • praxis

Don’t mind me. I was following the enlightened lead and expressing my inner Kevin.
  • TimeLine
    When people respond with lol.
  • Baden

I know that means you expect me to respond to this with lol. But I won't just to piss you off.
  • TimeLine
    When people don't fall for my time delay traps.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.