• Baden
    :-d

30 million for McGregor. 100 million for Mayweather. They both win. The people who thought it was a real fight lose.
  • Wosret
    As expected, but not as hoped. Everything worth watching is a spectacle. That's what a spectacle means...
  • Shawn

It was a real fight from McGregor, much more than from Mayweather, until round 6 when Mayweather took control of the match from McGregor, by just outlasting him and fighting smart. Most of the commentary, until round 6 was something of the sort: *Mayweather, is a shadow of himself or isn't fighting like he usually does*.

In reality, he just outlasted McGregor.
  • Baden

So, he played with McGregor for a few rounds then when he felt like it, beat the crap out of him. That sounds like business not sport. Anyway, whatever, I'm not a fan.
  • Shawn
    I felt like McGregor was playing with Mayweather from round 1-5 until Mayweather just saw that it was a chance to end it after McGregor got tired after round 5.

Fact that McGregor lasted so long, didn't get KO'd and was tied on points for the majority of the fight shows that he's not all talk and show.

Edited: Mixed up something.
  • Baden

Well, either you're irrevocably naive or I'm irrevocably cynical. So, dead end.
  • Baden
    You know as much as I hate bullfighting, there is at least a cultural element to it. This was just bull fighting.
  • Shawn
    You know as much as I hate bullfighting, there is at least a cultural element to it. This was just bull fighting.Baden

Yeah, the bull does most of the fighting though, so gotta praise or commend the bull for being the real fighter.
  • Wosret
    It was as expected. McGregor doesn't have great stamina, look at his fights with Diaz. When he can't knock them out within the first few minutes he gases out, and even his sparring partners said that he didn't want to train for stamina, and wanted to quit when he got tired. Diaz said that he could punch hard for like six minutes, and then he wouldn't be as dangerous.

Mayweather played it smart, and played defensively without barely throwing a punch in the first few rounds, waiting for him to lose energy, and get past the point where Mcgregor could actually throw dangerous shots, and then closed in.

Though I will say that Mayweather claimed that he wouldn't play it defensively, and would come after him from the get go, but didn't.
  • John Days
    Mayweather looked like he could go another 10 rounds by the end of the fight.

All the pre-fight psychological games were interesting, where they posture shirtless and get up in each others faces to trash talk etc. I wonder how much of that is actually effective.
  • Agustino
    So, he played with McGregor for a few rounds then when he felt like it, beat the crap out of him.Baden
    Well, yeah, that's kind of an accurate description of it! >:O >:O >:O
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.