• Jamal
    A lack of disk capacity caused the site to crash recently, so I've had to remove the ability to upload files, which was a privilege for subscribers. I'm not sure if I'll make this permanent — I would prefer not to upgrade to the next plan, which would give us more space for uploads — but in any case I want to advise TPF members of the alternative, which is to upload your files somewhere else and then use the resulting URL in your post.

Images

This one is good for images: https://postimages.org/

Follow the upload instructions and you'll see this:

Screenshot-from-2024-08-14-09-27-07.png

You can use either the "Direct link" or the "Hotlink for forums". If you use the hotlink for forums, just copy it and paste it directly into your TPF post. If you use the direct link, copy it and paste it into an image tag in your post, which you can do using the image icon button:
    Screenshot-from-2024-08-14-08-54-38.png

Screenshot-from-2024-08-14-08-55-08.png

Note: There are many similar services, e.g., https://imgur.com

Documents and other files for sharing

You can use Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or a site that doesn't require an account such as easyupload.io . Each of these will give you a link to the file (or to the download page), which can be made public if that's what you want.

Embeddable videos and audio files

As it says on the Plushforums FAQ...

You can embed audio and video from YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, SoundCloud, Vine, Twitch, Giphy, Imgur and VoxerPlushforums FAQ

Please don't unsubscribe!

If there are any subscribers reading this who now feel like cancelling their subscription, or who feel this is a substantial downgrade, let me know. I'm not being entirely sarcastic when I say that sometimes those extra two or three clicks can tip you over the edge into frustration and rage.
  • fdrake
    I pinned this for a bit. Unpin it when you like.
  • Christoffer
    I pinned this for a bit. Unpin it when you like.fdrake

Still good to be pinned for reference to a good upload site. Or, it could go into forum rules thread?
  • praxis
    Works great. Doesn't ask for email address or anything.

temp-Imagen-Kf-Ltn.avif
  • RussellA
    dennett-philosophy.gif

Gifs as well. A Pandora's box has been opened. :smile:
  • Jamal

Almost. I fixed it for you.
  • RussellA
    Almost. I fixed it for you.Jamal

:100:
  • javi2541997

So, the purpose of this thread is to submit memes, not to learn how to use 'postimages.org'. :snicker:
  • RussellA
    So, the purpose of this thread is to submit memes, not to learn how to use 'postimages.org'javi2541997

[img]http://its-not-rocket-science-easy.gif
  • Jamal
    I give up
  • jgill
    Thanks for the info. :cool:
  • Leontiskos
    A lack of disk capacity caused the site to crash recently, so I've had to remove the ability to upload files, which was a privilege for subscribers. I'm not sure if I'll make this permanent — I would prefer not to upgrade to the next plan, which would give us more space for uploads...Jamal

Two quick questions.

1. Is there a way to delete private messages? If there is, then encouraging people to delete their obsolete PMs would free up some space, even going forward.

2. Would a new hosting service solve this problem, or would TPF still be pushing the space limit at places like Communiteq, given comparable hosting plans?
  • Leontiskos
    Is there a way to delete private messages?Leontiskos

Outlander answered this for me privately. My Stylebot settings were hiding the option. :blush:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment