• EdwardC
    Isn’t the average person’s life simply a repetition of activities, a cycle of routines?

Why would anyone resign to this way of life when all that it takes to brake free of said cycle is to spend a chunk of time (and serious effort) building a form of passive income?

The free-market and the culturally liberal world we live in have provided us with the freedom to pursue any kind of economic motion, even those within our wildest fantasies.

The way I see it is as follows: anyone with a good idea and the willingness to put in full effort can succeed. If groups of intelligent and economizing individuals get together, pool funds, and develop a competitive business strategy, then nothing is impossible.

In other words, we could be on permanent vacation in a matter of 5 years. So, who’s in? Who wants to start an investment pool and put it into our most infallible idea?
  • boethius
    Son of a bitch.

I'm in.
  • frank
    It's the nature of business that partnerships go sour. You have to nail everything down in legal documents and even then, a former friend is likely to stab you in the back. Much better to go it alone.
  • boethius

People make business all the time; some successful, some not.

Making things clear on paper is not difficult.

Making things successful is the difficult part.
  • Outlander
    It's the nature of business that partnerships go sour. You have to nail everything down in legal documents and even then, a former friend is likely to stab you in the back. Much better to go it alone.frank

Sounds like you speak from experience? :chin:

--

But generally speaking, OP. The wisdom of the old ones ring true: "If there's a market for your idea, it's long been filled." In other words, everything worth doing has already been done, otherwise, it would have been done already. Sure, not 100%. But definitely more so than not, I'd wager. There's always niche and pseudo-"emerging" markets you can try to corner. Some do. Rarely does it amount to the vision of outright success one desires. But like they say, "you never know".

Example, I'm working on something like that now. It's a service, we'll say. Wanted to make it free to use, supported by ads. Let's just say, I'm starting to see why such services charge premium rates by the minute. What a pity too. It actually incorporates this forum as a minor functionality, that in and of itself could easily bring about hours of enjoyment and social enlightenment to all. I'm still working on it, however. Though it helps to keep a realistic mindset, especially when it comes to risking one's standard of living, and in many cases, livelihood altogether.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.