• Gingethinkerrr
    Hi again,

I must admit I am out of my league in this forum and struggle to even tread water in the shallows with the deep and broad responses posted here.

But I do like the opportunity to pose the questions that flit through my average intellect.

So as a humanitarian I do not like, want or wish any kind of pain on my fellow human beings.

A thought that ran through my mind was what do we think is the best long term future for consciousness?

Human experience - with emotional interpretation and our fragile understanding of creation

Or

AI recordable experience to fully and in real time comprehension of the scientific minutiae of all variables?? To be able to compare.

Given the flawed unpredictability of biological or the cold mass fact based logic we imagine AI will give....

Which is the better suited to endure to the end of existence??
  • T Clark
    what do we think is the best long term future for consciousness?Gingethinkerrr

I think humans evolved to be acting, problem solving creatures. I guess all living organisms have. That is at the center of our nature. Without that, we have no reason to live. Whatever gets uploaded into a computer wouldn't be human anymore. Without any reason to do anything, I think we'd all sit around doing nothing till we decided to delete ourselves.
  • Hanover
    I think humans evolved to be acting, problem solving creatures. I guess all living organisms have.T Clark
    Consider though, a tree.
  • T Clark
    Consider though, a tree.Hanover

Thank you. Great example.
  • Hanover
    Thank you. Great example.T Clark

Tnx!
  • Tom Storm
    I'm not sure what your question is.

A thought that ran through my mind was what do we think is the best long term future for consciousness?Gingethinkerrr

Can you clarify what you mean here?

Are you talking about the future of human beings per say, or is there something about consciousness you are interested in? Perhaps it would help if you described a particular situation so that this is clarified.

Human experience - with emotional interpretation and our fragile understanding of creationGingethinkerrr

I don't like the word 'creation' as it implies a creator. I see no evidence of a creator. I would probably talk about our fragile understand and awareness. Or is creation/creator important to your question?

Which is the better suited to endure to the end of existence??Gingethinkerrr

What do you mean here? What does 'better suited' look like and what 'end of existence' are you imagining? The end of humans on earth (which is quite different to the end of existence) or do you mean something more totalising?

My own view is that humans might be wiped out (climate, disease, war). But the world and the universe is likely to go on. AI, I have no profound thoughts on, so far it's just a tool we've built and we don't really know if it will survive us.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.