• MorningStar
    "During listening, more intuition is engaged -> more associations.
    During reading, more rational thinking is engaged.
    My destination is no longer a place, but a new way of thinking - Epictetus.
    -> The focus of control, perceiving what is within my control, what is not, I am the focus of control."

What are you doing for improve your better attention or better learning?
  • Vera Mont
    What are you doing for improve your better attention or better learning?MorningStar

Not much anymore. Things I used to find useful:
    - to divide the task into manageable sections, so that I could tackle part 1, then, having reached an interim goal, take a recess and do something different (eat, converse with family, take a walk, play a game) before tackling the next part.
    - to write down, as soon as possible after hearing or reading something, what I gleaned from it, whether that's synopsis of the text itself, or a particular piece of information, or an insight
    - to take on only one difficult assignment at a time and give it maximum attention
    - not to stop living while I was studying - take enough time out to cultivate relationships and other interests
    - take care of the body so the mind could work at peak efficiency
  • MorningStar

Thanks for reply and sorry for my late response...

The Focus, I think, the focus is needed for happy live, happy moments. Bcs bad attention is bad for "get done good job", "delivery the performence", do the right and get things done. Be active. Be the good listener for your partner and friend. Be a better in school.

Every humans now are like ADHD.

I am consuming caffeine every day, almost. I prepare v60 hario, max. twice a day.
    It is improve my cognitive function and be a faster in my work. And be motivated.
    And when is the "bad timing" and more stress is coming. The caffoo support more the stress and distraction. Do I must drink it, when im calm and the
    surroundings.

Today I think i will drink in the work only the quality black tea or white teas...

And home or in Café when I would like to journaling or debating about philosophy.
  • Vera Mont
    The Focus, I think, the focus is needed for happy live, happy moments.MorningStar

It's also called mindfulness: paying attention to and being aware of where you are, with whom, why and what doing.

Bcs bad attention is bad for "get done good job", "delivery the performence"MorningStar

I don't care so much about that. Some jobs produce beneficial results and ought to be done well. But many assigned tasks only seem important in the moment, and are forgotten or discarded the next day, next week. Many tasks can be done with minimal attention, while the imagination is free to roam. Many are simply not worth doing at all, or even harmful in the longer term.

Be the good listener for your partner and friend.MorningStar

That is important. But it doesn't take a lot of effort or particular skill, if you're truly interested in your partner and your friend.

Be a better in school.MorningStar
    Yes, I can see that being important to a student.

Every humans now are like ADHD.MorningStar
    Well, that's an overstatement, but a great many people are stressed, rushed, unable to concentrate on the present, because they are anxious about the future; can't give their full attention to the task in hand, because they have to finish on a deadline and get on with the next task and the next. So many don't seem even to have time to articulate a thought or question: they talk far too fast for me to understand.

I wonder whether this may have come about because people are so get-it-done focussed that they can't take the time to live at a healthy, mindful pace.

Today I think i will drink in the work only the quality black tea or white teas...MorningStar
    Okay, that means less caffeine, but if you have two cups of black tea, you're back to coffee level. Less, if you don't steep it very long.
    A standard 8-ounce cup of coffee contains about 95 milligrams of caffeine, while a cup of black tea has about 50 milligrams, and green tea has about 30 milligrams.
  • MorningStar

Yes, but I prepare the V60 Hario method of coffee, ant that contains 150 mg of caffein.

Maybe, now when i am drinking a black tea, pue-ehr or assam it has much more caffein, bcs i drink more batch. however, the half-life is different, and the main peak is also gradual, the molecule of caffeine and theine is the same, but tea has tannins and other substances that cause a slow release of caffeine, compared to coffee.
  • MorningStar
    sometimes coffee increases my anxiety. Tea just distraction, but you can work better with that.

Today I read a beautiful quote: My anxiety is the master of the situation, or it's me. Does being anxious help me with anything?
  • Vera Mont
    My anxiety is the master of the situation, or it's me.MorningStar

The same can be said of depression, ambition, greed, desire to excel, etc. Mastery of one's state of mind is certainly a great boon, as is the ability to see alternative ways of behaving.

Does being anxious help me with anything?MorningStar

Yes. It's an early warning system. It alerts you to potential dangers and occasions for failure, disappointment, heartbreak. Once you've identified the source of the anxiety and figured out how you can avoid the bad outcome, the anxiety disappears.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.