• George Fisher
    I am relatively new to the philosophy forum. I was asked to indicate who I was responding to and I thought I did that. I commented immediately after Ciceronianus so I thought that would show on the thread.
  • Mikie

There are several ways to “mention” someone: click the leftward pointing arrow under a post; highlight a portion you wish to quote and hit the “quote” button ( which will pop up); or push the “@“ button and type the person’s name.

Any of these methods will work, and they will be alerted to your reply in their “mentions” section.
  • Arne
    and a reply in the post comment box at the end of the thread will refer to the original post only.
  • Wayfarer
    I am relatively new to the philosophy forum. I was asked to indicate who I was responding to and I thought I did that. I commented immediately after Ciceronianus so I thought that would show on the thread.George Fisher

Hi George, that was me who gave that advice and as it happens also produced the How To article that I linked to. Was that not clear? Couldn’t you find it? (Here it is again, just in case.) In the context in which I posted that, there had been a fairly large number of contributors and a lively debate, and it was difficult to see who the ‘you’ was that you were referring to. No big deal, just helps to keep things in order.

(Oh, and there’s some more Help articles in the Help section which you can find at the very bottom of the left-hand menu bar. And in case I didn’t say before, welcome to The Philosophy Forum.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.