• Daniel Duffy
    Hello everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone would like to start a Book Group, where we read chapters/books etc on various philosophical areas of interest, and meet intermittently to discuss. I have friends that do this kind of thing socially with fiction books, but I thought it would be interesting to broaden perspectives and learn some new material.
    Please let me know if anyone is interested and if there is sufficient interest I will have a think on the logistics :)
    Daniel
  • javi2541997
    Hello Daniel!

I am interested in taking part in this Book Group. Please consider me for this activity (or project).
  • Daniel Duffy

Hi Javi,
    Excellent! Judging by the number of comments you have made on this site you will clearly be more learned than I am! I look forward to your insights :) do you lean to a particular type of philosophy?
  • javi2541997
    do you lean to a particular type of philosophy?Daniel Duffy

I am interested in the Philosophy of Language. I have read a bit of Wittgenstein (specifically the work and study on him by David Pears) and discussed J.L. Austin with fellow members of this site.

Despite having a high number of posts, most of them are in the shoutbox, so I am not that learned at all. :smile:
  • Daniel Duffy

Good stuff! I have read some of the usual Stoics - Aurelius, Epicurus, Seneca. A little bit of Bertrand Russell and recently some Nietzsche. There is so much out there haha
  • Jamal
    Cool. Note that there's a reading group section here:

https://thephilosophyforum.com/categories/16/reading-groups
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.