• Garvin Rampersad
    Hi, I believe this is a perennial strategy that has pervaded Western thought and requires utter extremes of opposites and is to be found in Theory of Knowledge, Metaphysics, Logic, Moral Philosophy and other areas. It is fallacious and this essay that I've written introduces these considerations for discussion. You can find it here:
    https://www.academia.edu/105818262/The_Open_Universe_and_The_Fallacy_of_Absoluteness
  • T Clark

Welcome to the forum.

The moderators frown on providing links to your own website. Frown with extreme prejudice. They will likely contact you. I suggest you summarize your understanding in a post and give us something to work with.
  • Garvin Rampersad
    Apologies, I wasn't aware of this. The idea was to create a discussion on my essay. I tried to post it here but it was too long. Do you have any suggestions that would enable me to post my essay of 6 pages here? Thank you
  • Wayfarer
    The idea was to create a discussion on my essay. I tried to post it here but it was too long. Do you have any suggestions that would enable me to post my essay of 6 pages here? Thank youGarvin Rampersad

Indeed - just pick one or two of the most important themes and provide them. Certainly not all six pages, but you ought to be able to produce some kind of abstract or summary, or even 'part one', submit it for discussion, and then either start a new topic or keep building on this one to introduce further material. Forums don't do well with large walls of text, but maybe 1000-1400 words would be ok. Use plenty of paragraph breaks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.