• Baden

Maybe but the only way out I can realistically see would be making his base disappear. And that's not going to happen. The twenty percent of Americans who love the guy are the twenty percent that decide who represents the Republican party. Besides, Pence is arguably worse, so it's not like the way "out" leads anywhere positive.
  • Michael
    Besides, Pence is arguably worse, so it's not like the way "out" leads anywhere positive.Baden

Or they both go and Pelosi will be President.
  • Baden

Is that the way it works? I thought Mitch would be next in line?
  • Michael
    Speaker of the House after the Vice President. After Pelosi it would likely be Grassley as he's expected to succeed Hatch as President pro tempore of the Senate. McConnell isn't in line at all.

Here's the current list.
  • VagabondSpectre
    I don't think it will lead anywhere positive directly, but indirectly it would be a message/signal showing accountability, and a widespread rebuke of the post-truth politics that got us here.

America (at least used to) set democratic and legal standards in its role as the global leader. If Trump doesn't get spanked it will set a frighteningly low standard, and would likely lead to the end of American global leadership.
  • Baden

Ah, ok. Well maybe Trump resigns and Pence's ecstatic joy turns into a cardiac arrest and Pelosi dies of boredom at the sound of her own bullshit. And then... Grassley. Nah. Hopeless.
  • Baden
    Here's the current listMichael

Damn, Ben Carson is only about a dozen sudden deaths away from the presidency. Frightening.
  • Wayfarer
    The current Republican Party is not, in fact, ‘the Republican Party’. They’ve become ‘the Trump cult’. He, meanwhile, is utterly convinced that he’s untouchable - that he can ‘tweet the law away’.

Personally, I hope (and believe) he’s going to get charged with perjury and that he won’t see out his term.
  • Wallows
    Impeachment will not prevail, as long as the economy is having such a huge rally.

It's just a matter of finding the right candidate for the next person in the office. Hopefully a woman.
  • Michael
    Hopefully a woman.Wallows

Why?
  • Wallows
    Why?Michael

Just for a change, ya know? Republicans being manly men and all. Democrats need to appeal to women t hoist up the base for the upcoming elections.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment