• Alkis Piskas
    Who said anything about giving out email addresses?
    I’ll answer that question, because I have no intention of discussing it: nobody did.
    Jamal
    Not that it's important, but my comment regarded PlushForums (administration), not you, since I know that you wouldn't do such a thing. (Re: you mentioned that PlushForums responded --among other things-- with "Perhaps the next time a user reports such a case, send us the specifics (email address, approximate time, expected reason for the notification), we will comb through the email logs.")

But let's drop this out of the window.
    What's much more important --actually, the news of the day!-- is that I made PM notifications work (for me too):
    1) I started a new conversation with @javi2541997 and clicked on the star ("bookmark"). I received a PM notification email.
    2) I have also received (earlier) a PM notification email regarding a non-bookmarked conversation that I "bookmarked" a long time after it had started.

So I guess, that the conversation must be bookmarked at start seems not to be a prerequisite.

Everything is OK now. Thank you very much for your help! :up:
  • Jamal
    Not that it's important, but you mentioned that PlushForums responded --among other things-- with "Perhaps the next time a user reports such a case, send us the specifics (email address, approximate time, expected reason for the notification), we will comb through the email logs."Alkis Piskas

He works for PlushForums, so he already has access to all the email addresses, because members of this forum signed up to a PlushForums forum. He nicely offered to do something extremely tedious to help solve this non-existent problem. Email addresses are not shared or used in any way outside of TPF/PlushForums.
  • BC
    @Jamal aka mynah bird... Per your question, I am pretty sure that I have failed to receive email alerts for the last 3 PMs in my inbox (over the last month). I used to receive email alerts before.

With reference to starlings: "The birds were intentionally released by a group who wanted America to have all the birds that Shakespeare ever mentioned. It took several tries, but eventually the population took off. Today, more than 200 million European Starlings range from Alaska to Mexico, and many people consider them pests."

For god's sake, importing alien species merely as literary decoration is just not acceptable.

A number of serious invasive species have arrived by accident in shipping containers of various kinds. The seemingly innocuous European earthworm (a longer, fatter worm than native North American earth worms) are causing problems in forested areas because they eat all of the leaf litter on the ground, which facilitates soil loss when it rains, and changes the ecology of the forest. It took the worms roughly 75 to 100 years to work their way out of farming areas into the northern hardwood forests, crawling along like worms do. (We call them nightcrawlers; they're good bait for fishing.)

The gypsy moth, emerald ash borer, and various other plants and animals have caused lots of problems--like deforestation--because they have no predators in this hemisphere. A Japanese lady bug was introduced (deliberately) to eat aphids on soybeans. They do that really well, but in the fall they start looking for winter quarters (that would be our houses). They have a bitter odor, and they leave spots on outside walls (never mind them getting inside).

Florida is dealing with pythons and other large invasive snakes that people have dumped in the swamps.
  • Alkis Piskas

Fine. Thank you.
    :up:
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention