• Outlander
    Just because something exists in your head doesn't mean you have control over it.Darkneos

So who does? Who created it? Somebody else?
  • Darkneos
    That's irrelevant to the question.
  • Outlander
    That's irrelevant to the question.Darkneos

See now I kinda think you're just kinda trying to have fun with us right now.

So you made an irrelevant statement that I just so happened to have painted into a corner.

Cool. Carry on, wayward son. Meanwhile real people are actually struggling with real issues.
  • Darkneos
    No I mean the question of who created it literally has nothing to do with solipsism. It doesn't ask about the origin of the world or anything like that so that's not really a counterpoint to their argument.

Nothing you have put forward has been an argument that isn't a strawman. The point of solipsism is what you know, and in this case all you know is you exist for sure. Different ones draw different conclusions. But NONE of them say you made all this.

Also "real issues"? As if the fundamental nature of what we take to be real isn't an issue. Nothing else matter but that question as it informs the rest.
  • Darkneos
    I want to ask how is solipsism unprovable, people say that but I want to know how. Why can’t science or logic prove it true?

There was a post that I read that allegedly proved it true, but I don’t know since I can’t remember and all I have is a powerful emotion about it. I’ve tried finding it but it can’t since I remember nothing about it.

My guess is that we can only know what something IS by what it is not. Like I can only know what is real but what is not real. But according to solipsism if everything is “not real” then you could never know because you’d have nothing you could compare it to. Even if you said you proved it there is no way to verify your claims. In order for solipsism to be proven true there would have to be “not solipsism” to compare it with, otherwise it would just be belief. But the very existence of “not solipsism” would prove it wrong.

So in order words solipsism would have to be wrong in order to be proven true or false. How’s that?
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet