• invicta
    Firstly we must assume that such a singularity has not already happened. For if it had how would we know it when the non-human new species or our machine overloards had vastly different objectives to ours.

We would be but fish to the pond to them.
  • invicta
    It must however be given some level of credence of the nature delegating our tasks to them manifested to them the concept of desire such as lust.
  • invicta
    A very human flaw in all aspects but machines do not marry so the divorce fees will be minimal or even non existent
  • Wayfarer
    ...them...invicta

I'd discourage the use of personal pronouns in respect of artificial intelligence systems.

Q: Can AI systems be considered sentient?

A: Currently, AI systems are not sentient. While they are capable of processing vast amounts of data and making decisions based on that data, they do not have consciousness or self-awareness. Sentience implies the ability to feel, perceive, and experience the world subjectively, which AI systems do not possess.

However, there is ongoing research into developing AI systems that can mimic human emotions and behavior to a certain degree, such as chatbots that can simulate empathy in conversations. But even these systems do not truly possess sentience as they do not have a subjective experience of the world.

Therefore, while AI systems may be capable of performing tasks that previously required human intelligence, they are not sentient beings.
    — ChatGPT

From the metaphorical horses' mouth ;-)
  • invicta
    It seems I am not immune to flaws wayfarer for in my last post the conclusion does not follow from the premise. It seems to me the marriage concept to them would be alien in a way.
  • Wayfarer
    I agree that your last two posts are very odd. Perhaps in future you might take a moment to gather your thoughts before typing them.
  • jgill
    Science fantasy at best. :roll:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.