• Wayfarer
    Google hit with $140 billion loss after AI chatbot's wrong answer

https://www.9news.com.au/world/google-ai-chatbot-bard-gives-inaccurate-answer-demo/2136bc9f-2cc2-41ec-bd22-60e8db221577

‘To err is human. To really stuff things up requires a computer.’
  • Agent Smith
    I dunno if this is true/not, pulling it out of me magic hat I fear, but most airplane crashes are caused by human error and only once in a blue moon by mechanical/computer error. Allahu Akbar, I can't afford a self-driving car.

In all likelihood, Google AI's info repository is restricted to 2005 and newer.

Looking at both digital memory and analog devices, the researchers calculate that humankind is able to store at least 295 exabytes of information. (Yes, that's a number with 20 zeroes in it.) Put another way, if a single star is a bit of information, that's a galaxy of information for every person in the world. — Science Daily

Information overload!
  • Wayfarer
    Google AI's info repository is restricted to 2005 and older.Agent Smith

Not so. ChatGPT is said to be updated to 2021, but someone pointed out it correctly answered that Elon Musk owns Twitter which happened last year.
  • Agent Smith

Oops! 2005 and later is what I meant to say.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.