• javi2541997
    Not only interesting, but also a thoroughly decent fellow.Jamal

Good to hear such honourable attribute in a person. I wish I can meet him one day too.
  • god must be atheist
    I have noticed that many of the banned only got to that place after attempting to dominate all other conversations in a discussion.Paine

Looks like I'm ripe for getting banned.
  • Hanover
    2iwo2nymrfvmtkx3.jpg
    Speaking of goats.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    he seems to be an interesting user.javi2541997

That's a strange way to refer to a person. It carries some bad connotations in my mind which are very difficult to separate from the term.
  • javi2541997

If you are worried that much I promise my comment was not lascivious.
  • Baden
    At current rates of posting, Shoutbox 2 will overtake Shoutbox 1 in number of posts at 2:13 am on the 2nd of March 2031.
  • Metaphysician Undercover

I know, and I'm not worried, I just thought I'd mention how your specific use of words affected me.

See, I'm calling you a user too, by saying that you use words. But by specifying exactly what it is that you are using, I avoid that blackhole, or vacuum of nothingness (which triggers the imagination), that your use of "user" fell into in my mind.
  • javi2541997
    I see. I thought I wasn't able to call him friend, mate, buddy, etc... Because I didn't meet him yet inside this online symposium.
    Nevertheless, you are right. I think the word user represents the nothingness or the zero 0⃣ in terms of computational digits.

I think I should call him for his name now on.
  • javi2541997
    0⃣javi2541997

Windows doing weird maths for me. I am scared now... Probably someone is hacking my computer. That's what happens when you use DuckDuckGo.
    0⃣

• Shawn
    young-vietnamese-pig-goat-3698023.jpg

Well, here's a goat and a pig. The goat is a voracious animal; but, a pig can be more.
  • T Clark
    At current rates of posting, Shoutbox 2 will overtake Shoutbox 1 in number of posts at 2:13 am on the 2nd of March 2031.Baden

I think we all can agree this is the greatest, most ironic, thread in the history of TPF. We owe thanks to alan 1000. I suggest you pin it to the top of the first page right under The Shoutbox.
  • Banno
    The goat is a voracious animalShawn

Indeed. Goats eat everything. Therefore goats eat pigs.

...a pig can be more.Shawn

Proof: sInce goats eat a pigs, a pig can be a goat. Hence your are correct: a pig can be more than a pig, it can be a goat.
  • Shawn

It would be a perfect world if we made do with satisfying our appetite from wild pigs instead of growing them for meat in farms.
  • Banno
    If it were not for the hydatids.

hydatid-lifecycle-diagram.jpg?itok=Zkhrdw03
  • Banno
    How many do you have? I recall it was two?
  • Shawn

Yep, talk about nasty shiet.

A pig can be a great pet. A goat however just asks for food.
  • Banno
    A pig can be a great pet. A goat however just asks for food.Shawn

Indeed, Goats are not subservient in the way pigs are.
  • Shawn

They're smarter too and can learn tricks. :smile:
  • frank
    Goats are not subservient in the way pigs are.Banno

What kind of pigs do you guys have? American pigs are dangerous, as in they kill people.
  • Banno
    American pigs are dangerous, as in they kill people.frank

It's rude to refer to the police as pigs.
  • Hanover
    How many do you have? I recall it was two?Banno

Tater, Cornbread, Biscuit, and Jasper makes 4. e3hft72gedvef2od.jpg
  • frank
    It's rude to refer to the police as pigsBanno

Burn!!!
  • Banno
    Nice!

Of course, since everything is a goat, counting them is superfluous.
  • T Clark
    It's rude to refer to the police as pigs.Banno

In Australia they refer to them as "numbats."
  • Banno
    In Australia they refer to them as "numbats."T Clark

Not so much. Might be a regional variation.
  • Baden
    The rate of rate of increase of Shoutbox 2 posting vs Shoutbox 1 posting is now exponential such that Shoutbox 2 will overtake Shoutbox 1 in number of posts 23 minutes ago at 21:25 on Jan 08 2023 (though my calculations might be slightly off). Enjoy this success while you can as Shoutbox 2 may potentially become a victim of its own success such that in order that the number of posts doesn't soon exceed the number of atoms in the known universe, it may have to be closed.
  • Hanover
    One day I wish to retire so I could become a farmer, which is something a farmer never said, and something no one ever said is that they wanted to retire so they could become a lawyer.
  • T Clark
    One day I wish to retire so I could become a farmer, which is something a farmer never said, and something no one ever said is that they wanted to retire so they could become a lawyer.Hanover

As Shakespeare wrote (Henry VI, Part 2) - "The first thing we do, let's retire all the lawyers."
  • Baden
    A nice way to end the thread. If you don't like it, sue us.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.