• HardWorker
    I've posted before talking about patience and about when you should be patient and about when you shouldn't. Now I hope to be more specific just in case I haven't made my point with everybody,.

It's good to be patient as long as you're not taking any longer to get something done than you should because time is precious. As an example in some of my previous posts I talked about having a job where you're paid by the hour and where you've got a goal of making an x amount of money. In my example you had the option of working more hours per week or less hours per week. Since you're paid by the hour if you work more hours per week you will reach your goal sooner as it will take you fewer weeks to reach your goal of making however much money you want to make, that much is obvious. Somebody pointed out that it takes more patience to work more hours per week because its more stressful, its obviously going to be more stressful to work more hours per week rather than fewer hours per week. But you are reaching your goal sooner so in this case patience is not causing you to to reach your goal sooner its enabling you to reach your goal sooner.

Its bad to be patient when you take longer to do something on purpose just because you want to be patient or when somebody else has you take longer to do or accomplish something because they want you to be patient. That is the bad kind of patience I'm talking about because life has time limits. When I set a goal part of the very goal itself is to get it done within a certain time limit. In the famous movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the main character Ferris Bueller says life moves fast, and it does. You've only got so long to live so that is your time limit right there.

Since life moves fast and since you've only got so long before you get older and you've only got so long to live the important thing is getting done WHAT you need to get done WHEN you need to get it done.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.