• Tate
    I understand. Thanks!
  • Tate
    By the way, women shortage (some members are mentioning here) must be a phenomenon of the 20th century related to birth/gender controls (China, communist countries and Middle East) and massive emigration of male workers to Europe and US.

When the institution of marriage was invented I'm quite sure that there was big shortage of males, not of females.
    Eros1982

Missing women, this by Michelle Kohler, :smile:

c-MichelleKohler__Enduringsmall_1623176228572.jpg
  • T Clark
    According to Wikipedia:

Chimpanzees are the closest living primate to humans genetically. They are more dimorphic in size than humans. They have hierarchical, male-dominated societies. Even so, dominant males do not normally restrict access to females for mating by other males. Bonobos are a subspecies of chimpanzee. While they are not monogamous, their societies are matriarchal and males do not compete physically for mates.
  • Agent Smith
    Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    — Exodus 20:3-5 KJV

A severe case of Othello Syndrome or perhaps just a dude, hopelessly in love.

Monogamytheism.

From a medical standpoint, having multiple sexual partners increase the risk of not only venereal diseases that can cause infertility (TORCH syndrome), but also fatal illnesses (Hepatitis B, AIDS).

There's an easy workaround though (Warning, not failsafe): condoms and/or antibiotics :snicker:

My two denarii. I feel Roman today!
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.