• TiredThinker
    "How do I make water fizzy without carbonation?

I have had seltzer water which is merely carbonated water which I've read is more acidic hence a more sour flavor. Is there a non-toxic gas that can be added to water to give it bubbles that actually makes it more alkaline? And if so, perhaps combining it with carbonation so the PH is something like 7.2 and tastes like normal water?"

This post was literally deleted because I didn't provide a scientific reference to water PH changing its flavor. Is this not well known? And which scientists these days taste their chemicals and write papers on it?
  • L'éléphant
    Why not just drink plain water? Why do you need bubbles in your drink?
  • Agent Smith
    Play around with pressure & normal air and I'm sure you'll find just the right combination to suit your needs.
  • TiredThinker

You don't like bubbles? Lol.
  • Nils Loc
    Can't you change the pH of carbonated water by just adding a base?

They put nitrogen gas in beer/soda.

Nitrogen infusion creates beverages with a sweeter taste, even without the addition of sugar or sweeteners. Unlike C02, nitrogen doesn't create any acidity, removing the aspect from a beer or coffee's flavor profile. — www.drinkripples.com
  • TiredThinker
    Nitrogen isn't toxic to drink?
  • L'éléphant
    You don't like bubbles? Lol.TiredThinker
    I like bubbles. But not inside me. I drink plain water.
  • Nils Loc
    Nitrogen isn't toxic to drink?TiredThinker

Considering it (the gas, triple bonded N2) makes up 78% of the air you breath by volume, I sure hope not.
  • TiredThinker
    Hmm. I wish there was a table of gases and the PH they would give water. I was informed that the most water soluble gases are the least life friendly. Lol.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.