• Astro Cat
    Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum so I'm dropping an introduction post. I hope I've found the right subsection for it.

I am a full time grad student and full time night worker. I deliberately chose a job with a lot of down time so I can perform my research, read papers, study, etc., but sometimes I need to just do anything else to take my mind off of things, so I've been turning to things like forums to keep busy.

My philosophical interests are all over the place, so I may dip my toes into a little bit of everything while I'm here. I'm sure I will see all of you around. Nice to meet you all!
  • Jamal
    Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum so I'm dropping an introduction post. I hope I've found the right subsection for it.Astro Cat

Welcome!

The Lounge is an okay place for an introduction but it's not as active as the main forum so you might not get many responses. Don't conclude that we're just unfriendly :grin:

Posting in the Shoutbox would work too.

Good to have you on board.
  • Astro Cat
    Welcome!Jamal

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! Also, this post is testing whether I understand the quotation system -- so nevermind it if it doesn't come out correctly, lol!
  • Moliere
    Welcome to the forums!
  • Jack Cummins

Welcome to the forum and I hope that you find some interesting discussions.

Jack
  • jgill
    Good to have another physicist onboard. Helps to keep the philosophers of science here honest. :cool:
  • Mikie
    I am a full time grad student and full time night worker.Astro Cat

Welcome. What are you studying?
  • jgill
    Welcome. What are you studying?Xtrix

From her bio page:

I'm a physics MS (soon PhD) student with an interest in philosophy.
  • Astro Cat
    Sorry, have been away for a bit since the semester has officially kicked off. I'm doing physics on the astro side.
  • Agent Smith
    Cosmic perspective? Do remind us how small we are! I'll temporarily forget I read Martin Rees' tome Just six numbers.

Good to you have you on the team - stargazing (naked-eye, just like how the ancients used to) was an opportunity I would seldom pass up on. A quick question: The orion & "frying pan" constellations seem most familiar to me. Any interesting facts about these two? Muchas gracias in advance.
  • Changeling
    Has anyone ever endtroduced themselves on this forum? :chin:
  • Agent Smith
    endtroducedChangeling

outtroduced? :chin:
  • Changeling
    endtroduced is the endonym; outtroduced is the exonym.
  • Agent Smith
    endtroduced is the endonym; outtroduced is the exonym.Changeling

I'll have to look that up! Gracias.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.