• Jackson
    The US killed 750,000 innocent Iraqis in Bush's war. All we got was an, oops.
    The nation wrings its hands over gun deaths.

By dialectic I mean the violence you perform on others will be done to you.
  • Agent Smith
    We must learn to distinguish betwixt Erinyes and Justitia and all will be well. Easier said than done, easier said than done!
  • Jackson
    We must learn to distinguish betwixt Erinyes and Justitia and all will be well. Easier said than done, easier said than done!Agent Smith

Why is that distinction important? Especially in relation to what I said.
  • Streetlight
    The US conducted a protracted global holocaust in the wake of 9/11. There is no chance that that mindless murder does not work its way back in the form of children shooting other children in the face in school, en masse, among other things.
  • Joshs
    The US conducted a protracted global holocaust in the wake of 9/11. There is no chance that that mindless murder does not work its way back in the form of children shooting other children in the face in school, en masse, among other things.Streetlight

It can just as well work it’s way forward.
  • unenlightened
    the violence you perform on others will be done to you.Jackson

How does this work for multiple murderers, for example? On the face of it, there is bound to be a discrepancy. You know, you drop a bomb on Hiroshima, and have to die a few thousand deaths...
  • 180 Proof
    Empire, born of genocide slavery & apartheid, breeds foreign and domestic terrorism.
    President Kennedy never foresaw that the chickens would come home to roost so soon... Being an old farm boy myself, chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad; they always made me glad. — Malcolm X, from 12-1-63 press conference (re: JFK assassination)
  • Jackson
    The US conducted a protracted global holocaust in the wake of 9/11. There is no chance that that mindless murder does not work its way back in the form of children shooting other children in the face in school, en masse, among other things.Streetlight

That is what I think, yes.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.