• JJJJS
    Dear whoever's in charge here - what are your thoughts on creating sub-forums (per philosophyforums)? I reckon it would make accessing threads easier if done in a logical fashion. The threads just seem too convoluted at the moment with little rhyme nor reason.

Cheers,

JJJJS
  • Noble Dust
    When I initially joined here, I would have agreed with you, but now I kind of like going to the home page and seeing all at once what sorts of things are being discussed, just in general. Just my 0.02.
  • JJJJS

Maybe there could be two front pages, one displaying all threads and another that has categorized sub-forums. Philosophers could switch between these based on preference.

Just my 0.02.

Will you be paying via PayPal, credit or debit?
  • Noble Dust
    Will you be paying via PayPal, credit or debit?JJJJS

via Karmic debt
  • JJJJS
    via Karmic debt

That'll be $0.19 then. Thank you for your purchase. Ref. No. 3646728. Please keep this number for your records.
  • Baden

If you click on categories in the side-bar, you'll see the sub-forums.
  • JJJJS

Quite.

I guess this thread's over now then.
  • Baden

Yes, it's just that the default view is all discussions, which can make it a little confusing.
  • Jamal
    There is one forum here and it is the site itself, with discussions belonging to categories. You can see categories in the side menu or on the categories page. Also, on the main forum page--equivalent to "Latest" on old PF--you can see the category any discussion belongs to by hovering over it.
  • JJJJS

Noted. I think I'm just suffering from nostalgia of the good ol' days of PF, before it got all adverty and then broken.
  • Jamal
    One thing I asked the developers to do is make the category name visible next to each discussion title on the main forum page. They clearly didn't think it was important. I may ask again, because I think that would help with the confusion you and others have expressed.
  • JJJJS
    That sounds good, maybe if we could click into it to get to the category itself (the list of categorized threads, I mean) as well.
  • Jamal
    That would be good, especially when you have to scroll up or down to find the category you want in the side menu. But I don't expect it'll happen any time soon, if at all.
  • SophistiCat
    You can just bookmark the Categories page and it will look pretty much like the old forum.

On the old forum I only looked in certain categories that interested me. Here there are a lot fewer discussions, so I am content with just scanning the list of topics on the front page.
  • Michael
    You can also filter what shows on the front page by clicking on Categories and then unticking the boxes on the right.
  • BC
    I suppose in the beginning there were requests for adjustments to the first philosophical schools, too.

"There aren't enough students in this school."
    "We need more shade."
    "There are too many flies."
    "The smell of the roasting meat on the Zeus's altar is distracting."
    "I have to park my chariot too far away,"
    "I don't like the way you painted the sign out front."
    "You never have enough papyrus or lambskin for note taking."
    "Your benches are too rough."
    "Your wine is watered down."
    "The other people here are not serious."
    "The handsome naked athlete over there must join the class. He has a very flexible mind, I hear."
  • TimeLine
    Mods,
    Not sure who to chat with about tech issues but I am having trouble logging out of my phone. Its a phone my work gave to me - Microsoft Lumia 950 - on android. There doesn't seem a drop down option for it.
  • Baden

Have you tried more than one browser?
  • TimeLine
    On my phone? No, its just IE. Should I?
  • Michael
    Try a different phone.
  • TimeLine
    That made me laugh. I'm trying another browser tomorrow.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.